All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a thing called due process though, especially for goverments, you just cant take a pro bono deal like that, no matter how good it is, it's a magnanimous gesture from Musk, but side bargaining for public infrastructure is banana republic stuff.
Be way better if Tesla set up in SA (to replace Holden maybe) and push into all the states as a private start rather than going via the state.

Fair enough, but my point is that there are ready alternatives available. Let's pursue them. Let's get on with it.

Why are there hundreds of river front houses along the river through our town, and not a single one of them using the powerful river current to generate a single Watt of electricity??

agree with you there, 100% just transition the skills from coal open cast mining move it to STEAM (a decade ago) and apply it to renewable; build and industry and try and avoid those 50C days that are coming right up.

like any govt. strategy or policy it's been partisan politicked into the ground.
meanwhile the commies are making a 30 year plan, we can't even get a 30 hour plan together.
poor form incumbent govt. poor form.

Our local council has approved jetties sticking out into the river for each of the rich mansion owners .. .how about the insist of some electricity generators feeding back into the grid on those structures for the rest of us? . .

Instead they are just happy to take a fee for the jetty construction inspection/ managmenet. It's this sort of stuff that drives me nuts.

That's what happened in America and France prior to the revolutions.

Fortunately we have a democracy (well, sort of) and we can hold our elected representatives to account every 3 years provided there is a suitable alternative standing for election.

The absence of a credible alternative at the ballot box is a major problem. At this stage, the only parties capable of forming government are little more than factions of the same group.

Government sells electricity generators...

Power prices go up...

Government offers electricity subsidy to tax payers using tax payer money.....

The absence of a credible alternative at the ballot box is a major problem. At this stage, the only parties capable of forming government are little more than factions of the same group.
If those factions should come together, they could call themselves my number one pick for a political party name, 'Lets have a Party' party.

Abbott is still setting the agenda from the back bench like a puppet master.
I don't know if you follow the Conversation but they actually put forward a case that despite Turnball, pure market forces will result in renewables taking over anyway as they become cheaper and the old coal plants die off, and the government can bleat all they like.
Yep. Its so incredibly ridiculous. It seems like old school stubbornness, pig headedness (nah we will do it our way! the Liberal Party way!)
in combination that they are just puppet minions of powers above them.
Even if you dont give a shit about environmental concern renewable's are the logic in future economical sense as well.
But No! We are the liberal Party and we can flog this dead horse for another 50 years!

i'd love to time travel into the future and read how history records these goons.

The LNP still watch TV on their old B&W sets

They will build a power station somewhere ( funded by the tax payer ) then eventually sell it off

Then power prices will go up

They will build a power station somewhere ( funded by the tax payer ) then eventually sell it off

Then power prices will go up

Back