Quantcast

All Grain Supplies

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Edgecliff Brewer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have moved to the area and I am wondering where I can obtain all-grain supplies in the area - or is Melbourne the only real option?

Thanks

EB

cam89brewer

Reaction score
I would just order online from G&G, they have a great selection and as long as your order isn't too heavy it is fairly economical.

Edgecliff Brewer

Reaction score
Ok, thought so. Thanks.

B.A.Ders - I will endeavour to make the next meet. FYI, I have come from the Inner Sydney Brewers and look forward to meeting up with you guys. I have forgotten how f8*& cold it gets down here - good for brewing though.

EB

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
Ok, thought so. Thanks.

B.A.Ders - I will endeavour to make the next meet. FYI, I have come from the Inner Sydney Brewers and look forward to meeting up with you guys. I have forgotten how f8*& cold it gets down here - good for brewing though.

EB

Where are you based? I'm guessing that you are in the Bendigo area from the B.A.D. comment. If so have a look here
http://www.facebook.com/groups/327235607332975/
Bendigo Malt are starting to sell AG supplies.

EDIT: Ive just seen you posted this in the BAD thread so you are clearly in the Bendigo area.

Edgecliff Brewer

Reaction score
A little further south - Heathcote.

Thanks for the link. I used to buy half bags, but I find that these days I am better off buying in small amounts as I do not brew often enough to avoid the grain losing its freshness. I find that there is a significant difference between using stuff that is new vs 12 months old - despite good storage conditions. I'll keep an eye out for these guys.

notung

Reaction score
It's nice to hear of another brewer moving to the area! We'll look forward to meeting with you down the track. Have you visited the Tooboorac Hotel & Brewery yet? Are there many other all grain brewers from around Heathcote area?

Edgecliff Brewer

Reaction score
Yep - have been to Tooboorac Pub a few times. The beer is OK. My next door neighbour spends every Thurs night down there and sleeps it off in his van! But he is retired, so I don't really have the inclination to do the same. The funny thing is that a few of the locals there drink VB from the tap rather than the Toobies's own brew, thus I think that the beer gets a little stale at times. In Heathcote the three pubs in town are not the sort of places I would go to, unfortunately. I don't know of any other AGers around here. I probably brew about four times a year because I cannot drink or give it away quickly enough. I would be interested in hosting a brew day in the next two months if people were interested?

Shaneygrog

Reaction score
The Tooborac pub beer has come a long way since your post in 2012 Edgecliff. I live close by and brew heaps, not AG though. And Heathcote now has only 2 pubs!

Latest posts