all grain recipe packs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete brews

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the recipe packs from the online brewing stores?
How did they turn out? cheers

I have tried a few of the Grainfather grain kits. The Mr Simcoe pale ale, Chur and the XPA. The Simcoe and Chur kits were a decent drop. Wouldn't go the XPA again but your tastes may differ. I used them because I had lucked into a window of time for brewing and my LHBS had them in stock otherwise I would order online for my own (plagiarised) recipes as that is better value (can't speak to other vendor kits value).
All of the paperwork is done so to speak just follow the instructions and enjoy.

I have tried a few of the Grainfather grain kits. The Mr Simcoe pale ale, Chur and the XPA. The Simcoe and Chur kits were a decent drop. Wouldn't go the XPA again but your tastes may differ. I used them because I had lucked into a window of time for brewing and my LHBS had them in stock otherwise I would order online for my own (plagiarised) recipes as that is better value (can't speak to other vendor kits value).
All of the paperwork is done so to speak just follow the instructions and enjoy.
Cheers for the info mate! would you brew any of them again? Im halfway through fermenting a LCPA clone from the beerbelly site, hoping its a decent beer!

Here Brewman
You need to register, while you are doing so you will need to set up your batch size and choose your crush, Coarse or Medium for 3V or recirculating systems, Fine or Extra Fine for BIAB.
You will have to wait until your account is approved (keeps out spammers, robots...) then there are several hundred recipes you can look through, they are all adjustable or customisable if you like.
Mark

Here Brewman
You need to register, while you are doing so you will need to set up your batch size and choose your crush, Coarse or Medium for 3V or recirculating systems, Fine or Extra Fine for BIAB.
You will have to wait until your account is approved (keeps out spammers, robots...) then there are several hundred recipes you can look through, they are all adjustable or customisable if you like.
Mark
Awesome, thanks ill check it out!

Cheers for the info mate! would you brew any of them again? Im halfway through fermenting a LCPA clone from the beerbelly site, hoping its a decent beer!

I would go the Mr Simcoe again, it was pretty decent. But Philrob and MHB have given you the best tip of looking at Brewman's recipe builder. This is what I do now, I just brewed an Oatmeal Stout and American Wheat beer from that site.

My LHBS http://shop.beerbelly.com.au/ingredients/ready-to-brew-packs/full-mash-kit.html does recipe packs, they are simply freshly crushed mix of grain in a bag, suggested hops and yeast (but you are free to use something else). I can vouch that the ones I have tried are really good, especially the Golden Ale and Chocolate Stout.

When I was first starting these got me good results straight away and the confidence to keep going.

Latest posts

Back