All citra beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
769274_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569854532507.png

Yob said:
You have to try pretty hard to **** up with citra in my experience
Bet you I dont. I can **** up pretty much anything without trying at all

schtev said:
I just made an all Citra IPA today. It was the recipe found here.

Smelt pretty good during the boil...hope it turns out alright!
Figured I'd give an update on this batch. It's only been in bottles ~10 days but already it's awesome. Super fruity and tropical, nicely balanced bitterness with a richy malty backbone. Highly recommend this recipe!

Try getting Citra though. I couldn't even get it from retailers in VIC. Got a all Citra Saison on the cards this week or next when the Citra actually shows up to my door.

I've recently picked up a buch of El dorado hops, has anyone made a straight hop APA with these? They smell great and I've used them sparingly alongside citra & Northern Brewer but haven't tried them in straight up brew.

I find El dorado gives a candy like sweetness that can come off like slight under attenuation.

bit of that, bit of the fact that so many new micro's have started up and have gobbled up as much as they can.

we are on the bottom rung when it comes to the supply chain so it's tough going.

Mr. No-Tip said:
I find El dorado gives a candy like sweetness that can come off like slight under attenuation.
I think citra is a bit like that if the beer isn't bitter enough.

Back