Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive gone through about 500 cans. i dont have to carry the machine next door but have to move it about 5m and thats far enough! I ended up sourcing some cans myself, in saying that I split them with a few mates.
When I say neighbour he isn't next door, he's down the road it takes two of us to lift it into the car and drive it down there, it is so bloody heavy. Where did you source your cans I could go 1,000 as it will be split between the two of us. Are you getting any wastage?

Ive gone through about 500 cans. i dont have to carry the machine next door but have to move it about 5m and thats far enough! I ended up sourcing some cans myself, in saying that I split them with a few mates.
Where did you source them from Reg? How much?

Reg hasn't got any, ran out of the ones I got with the machine, we are looking around now that is why I asked wozzie where he got his.

Hey guys sorry have not been on this thread much recently and just wanted to give you a bit of an update to the canning machine. Some of you guys have been wanting to use other cans and we have been talking with Visy about this and they have been really great to deal with. They purchased a machine to run some tests on and they have supplied us more details about how to make the required chuck to suit their can lids. So we are in the process of making this new chuck.

I know some of you guys have used our existing chuck and some of you guys have been making your own chucks but at least we will have an official Visy can chuck available soon so you guys can purchase can's from Visy and use on our machine.

We have tried to work with Orora but they have not been as helpful to deal with so far. We do have quite a few small breweries using the machines and now hundreds of home brewers also using this machine. I think the price of the machine doesn't make it affordable to everyone but certainly people who want the convenience of disposable cans then it's hard to beat the Cannular.

It seems the last few pages are getting off topic but really this thread was to help people who want to learn more about Canning. So if you guys have any particular questions on this topic please just ask.

Hey guys sorry have not been on this thread much recently and just wanted to give you a bit of an update to the canning machine. Some of you guys have been wanting to use other cans and we have been talking with Visy about this and they have been really great to deal with. They purchased a machine to run some tests on and they have supplied us more details about how to make the required chuck to suit their can lids. So we are in the process of making this new chuck.

I know some of you guys have used our existing chuck and some of you guys have been making your own chucks but at least we will have an official Visy can chuck available soon so you guys can purchase can's from Visy and use on our machine.

We have tried to work with Orora but they have not been as helpful to deal with so far. We do have quite a few small breweries using the machines and now hundreds of home brewers also using this machine. I think the price of the machine doesn't make it affordable to everyone but certainly people who want the convenience of disposable cans then it's hard to beat the Cannular.

It seems the last few pages are getting off topic but really this thread was to help people who want to learn more about Canning. So if you guys have any particular questions on this topic please just ask.

Any plans for a cover in the pipeline?

I had the guys at work machine some bits for me. it was a pretty time consuming process and used a heap of cans testing. Got the Visy cans through a third party :)

I had the guys at work machine some bits for me. it was a pretty time consuming process and used a heap of cans testing. Got the Visy cans through a third party :)
What sort of price for the cans and what size?

Any plans for a cover in the pipeline?

Do you mean a dust cover for storage when not in use. I guess this is something that we would make fairly easily. So a fabric cover or wood or rigid plastic cover?

Do you mean a dust cover for storage when not in use. I guess this is something that we would make fairly easily. So a fabric cover or wood or rigid plastic cover?

Sorry no I mean a plastic one that gets pivoted into place before seaming to contain the beer splashing around.

Another modification/improvement I thought of was the addition of a limit switch attached to the base (inside the cover) of the bottom can holder so when the handle was turned to raise the can the machine starts up

You will get a fair amount of wastage, what is it that you envisage?

Was thinking something like this with a handle on the front and magnets at the top and bottom.
My theory is that you can quickly pivot the cover from out of the way to 'in place' and it would seat itself in correct position.
I doubt it would be that difficult to mock up a concept with 3D parts etc but just wanted to know if this was on keglands priority list. I would have definitely held off and bought one of the IP67 power supplies too but I have a system worked out now. Don't get me wrong though - I appreciate the fact that Australia is essentially the test bed for Kegland products, I would rather it that way than wait for 2 years like anything else out of the states.

Hopefully my joined date and number of posts absolves me from any perceived kegland bias!

Attachments

• cover1.PNG
    cover1.PNG
    123.8 KB · Views: 112
  • cover2.PNG
    cover2.PNG
    95.3 KB · Views: 108
I was envisaging something similar but in reality I think you would only have to cover the top half of the can

I was envisaging something similar but in reality I think you would only have to cover the top half of the can
You're probably right, I was just looking at the size of the beer spray on my wall!

I was just thinking of bending some Perspex and using adhesive magnetic strips on both the machine & guard
By only being 1/2 can height you shouldn’t need to move the guard
I also thought of having the bottom of the guard cut on an angle so the liquid could drain to one side into a dish

Hey would anyone have a cannular for sale?
And I do know where to buy them new!

Latest posts

Back