Alemaster Zymopure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Levet

Reaction score
Has any body heard of these liquid yeasts? I was reading a book that mentioned them, but I have scored a big zero in my search for more info. I googled, I rang a couple of HBS but nothing. All I know is that they are from England (yet not all ale strains, they have a mix of continental strains) If anybody has heard of them or used them, maybe you could share the experience. Maybe some one could look at importing them, or even a bulk buy group purchase?
Thanks
James

OK I may have to give up the search. Looks like they don't exist anymore or they may never have made it off the ground in the first place. They were mentioned in a book I borrowed that was written by Protz & Wheeler I think. It would have been nice to try something different, which is the reason most of us are in this caper.
Back to the sachets in the back of fridge!
James

Hi James,

Have you had any luck getting any info on this yeast. I am sure I heard about it a few years back. Certainly would be fun to try something different to the usual stuff kicking around. I agree with you that part of the joy of brewing is trying new ingredients and methods!

I get the impression that Ross at Craftbrewer often tries to source unusual products from time to time. Perhaps he would be able to stock it? Sure would be a good way to differentiate craftbrewer from the many other retailers of wyeast and white labs!

Any thoughts on this Ross?

Wrangler,

There are many exciting products we are working on & yeasts not seen in this country yet are included... Not giving anymore info, but rest assured it's happening B)

cheers Ross

WOW' it only took 4 months to get a response to my original post! ;)

I couldn't find anything, but I didn't look too much past Google. Maybe contacting a UK based HBS would be the next step.
The only option available at the time was Wyeast (yawn) so I used up the last of the dry stuff, & a few old White Labs. Ventured over to see Dave HBS at Nth Sydney - The Last Man Standing!!!! Dave is now importing White Labs yeast so I grabbed a few choice vials. WLP 001,029,800.

James

Wrangler,

There are many exciting products we are working on & yeasts not seen in this country yet are included... Not giving anymore info, but rest assured it's happening B)

cheers Ross

Ross

Any progress worth reporting?

James

Ross

Any progress worth reporting?

James

James,

Not on the yeast front, sorry. Though we do have the new wyeast strains arriving today & going on site shortly.

Cheers Ross

James,

Not on the yeast front, sorry. Though we do have the new wyeast strains arriving today & going on site shortly.

Cheers Ross

Ross

Wyeast is in FV 1, White Labs in FV 2, doing the first in a series of side by side brews. I would like to have a crack at another liquid yeast brand, which is why I posted the original question.

James

Wrangler,

cheers Ross

Any news Ross? Does this stuff even exist? I am considering a 3 month stint in the UK & Europe later this year (not just to buy yeast) I might go find a HBS over that way.
James

Sorry Jim, i just haven't had the time to put into this - Setting up the new store has taken up far more of my time than I'd hoped. With all the projects we have happening, new yeast is right down the list at present.

cheers Ross

Sorry Jim, i just haven't had the time to put into this - Setting up the new store has taken up far more of my time than I'd hoped. With all the projects we have happening, new yeast is right down the list at present.

cheers Ross

Busy my arse! :unsure:

Back