• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Paulaner there are two types on sale at Aldi?
Lucky bugger, none at my Aldi today - had to buy a 6 pack of Hofbrau original.
But it tastes better than the Hofbrau Oktoberfest I tried last year.
Maybe it's just my standards have dropped. Are they actually different beers?

The Oktoberfest should have a higher ABV at 6.3% vs 5.3% for the Original.

Lucky bugger, none at my Aldi today - had to buy a 6 pack of Hofbrau original.
But it tastes better than the Hofbrau Oktoberfest I tried last year.
Maybe it's just my standards have dropped. Are they actually different beers?
One is Münchner Hell the other
Hefe-Weissbeir which do you recommend?

Paulaner Original Munchner Hell is in my opinion the perfect lager. I absolutely love it.

I think Franziskaner make better Weizens in particular the Dunkel.

Paulaner Hefe Weissbier and Paulaner Munchner Hell.

Does anyone know whether the kegs can be hacked and re-used?
You can reuse the kegs but they are a bit of a hassle (in my experience).

Getting the bung out of the top takes patience and care to avoid damage the bung and keg. You can get replacement bungs (eBay), but they don't necessarily fit all these types of kegs.

I would advise that you enjoy the beer, but don't rely on the kegs as a packaging option.

Hi all, trying to work out how to reuse these kegs. Different bung to those in YouTube tutorials. Any tips. I've bungled this one but 5 kegs remain. Cheers Carl

Attachments

• 15402564738501831269401.jpg
    15402564738501831269401.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269
Hi all, trying to work out how to reuse these kegs. Different bung to those in YouTube tutorials. Any tips. I've bungled this one but 5 kegs remain. Cheers Carl

You could get a pack of 5 new bungs going back a few years ago Carl. Not sure if they’re still available. I think trying old bungs won’t work. If I remember the name of the product I’ll post it here.

Look, you enjoyed the beer. If you want a reusable keg just buy one, what you have now is an empty can.
Why spend time and money trying to reuse what is meant to be a one time thing.
A reusable keg will last your lifetime.

Just my 2c

You could get a pack of 5 new bungs going back a few years ago Carl. Not sure if they’re still available. I think trying old bungs won’t work. If I remember the name of the product I’ll post it here.
Cheers razz, I see some on Amazon and ebay Will buy a set Hopefully they fit ok

Aldi Beer special :)

Hoppy Christmas Beer Advent Calendar 24 x 330ml
Count down to Christmas with 24 different beers from around the world – try a new one each day

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...py-christmas-beer-advent-calendar-24-x-330ml/

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-liquor/beer-advent-calendar/

60 bucks for 24 different beers :)

cheers
stefan

$60 for a case of stella, asahi, heineken, tiger etc...a real waste of money right there! There's about 2 decent beers in there

$60 for a case of stella, asahi, heineken, tiger etc...a real waste of money right there! There's about 2 decent beers in there
Yeah it's a shame when they do all those decent Oktoberfest beers, I'm sure they could have come up with a tastier mix from their current suppliers.

aldi charlestown (newcastle) still has about half a dozen Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier 5L Kegs left over. still $30, no price reduction yet....anyone think they will still be okay to drink in late November?

Latest posts

Back