• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karmeliter 3 litre mini kegs for $20 coming up again before Xmas. This time it's not the Weissbier, it's the Helles.
If it's as good as the Weiss I'll be getting a couple in.

The gas BBQ is gas plus charcoal smoker so I guess there's a bit more cleaning up to do with ash etc, as opposed to a gas smoker.

From the limited photo and description it looks like it's trying to be a multipupose compact unit. Part 2 burner BBQ, part smoker each under one lid, with a side burner. Might be fairly limited space for smoking because of it. ( Compact compared to a separate bbq and smoker that is.)

The gas BBQ is gas plus charcoal smoker so I guess there's a bit more cleaning up to do with ash etc, as opposed to a gas smoker.

You've got that back to front. Gas BBQs are a lot harder to clean than charcoal.

In particular, the Aldi/Hark gas smoker requires a fair bit of effort to clean up, whereas a charcoal Kamado is close to zero effort.

The rebadged gas smokers.....a couple left at Stafford marked down to $149.
A great "entry level" smoker. The Hark badged ones are usually about $300 at BBQs galore etc.

WRT to the gas BBQ / Charcoal smoker combo, be careful because they are currently clearing these out to make way for the new ones. Note that these are BBQ only, no smoker.
Aldi gas bbq.jpg

I noticed that Cheap as Chips have got entry level smokers, Big W have also got entry level gas smokers. Cheap, crap quality but if unsure this is your thing, its a cheap starting point

I noticed that Cheap as Chips have got entry level smokers, Big W have also got entry level gas smokers. Cheap, crap quality but if unsure this is your thing, its a cheap starting point
Would not buy any thing from Big W purchased a crap microwave oven that rusted to pieces and did not want to know about it waiting for the day they close.

A halfway clear picture of the thing might have helped.
SBS Amateur wankers.

SBS Amateur wankers.
They may have a reason for that have a previous aldi pressure cooker that looks very similar but a year earlier it has its own problems with a blow out on the seal on the side and would not want to be standing in front if blew out.The one they are recalling was $5 cheaper seems to be bad economy .

SBS Amateur wankers.

A little bit of sleuthing (ie. googling) brings us to this, which has a much clearer picture and description of the product itself
https://www.aldi.com.au/fileadmin/fm-dam/pdf/50073_Crofton_Pressure_Cooker_Recall_Notice_Final.pdf

I have a pressure cooker that I bought earlier in the year at Aldi when it was marked down to half price, but couldn't recall exactly when I bought it. I was relieved to find that mine must have been an earlier model that they were trying to get rid of before the next lot went on sale, as it doesn't have the embossing that they mention. PHEW

Thanks.
Mine's the old fashioned one with the handle and also good old fashioned locking lugs on the lid and body. I wouldn't touch the new fangled "barrel shape" ones with a 40ft proverbial.

Mine has the Product Code 50073, but does not have the embossing that they mention. Not sure what to do, return or not??

Would not buy any thing from Big W purchased a crap microwave oven that rusted to pieces and did not want to know about it waiting for the day they close.

Working for a whitegoods company, rust is never considered a manufacturers fault.

Back