• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got the retractable garden hose reel? I’m in the market for one and it’s $70!

I’d use it for hosing down brew equipment...

For smokin meat lovers, the rebadged Hark smokers are now in the Aldi paper flyer, $199 again, on Saturday Week 28/10. Highly recommend.

Currently Becks fully imported 5% - only $12 for a sucks pack. Cartons around low 40s.
Definitely richer and more hoppy than the dreadful Tooheys BUL copy.. Lion lost the gig with the mega evil consolidated World swill empires merging recently and Becks came under control of the same mob that now own CUB / Fosters.

Not ya Oktoberfest but certainly beats the shit out of VB $18.

becks import.jpg

I have been wanting one of the smokers for years. My wife is dead against them, (all smoked stuff) because of the cancer causing thing.
This has prevented me buying a smoker, but this time I'm going to get one. Gotta die of something I guess.

I have been wanting one of the smokers for years. My wife is dead against them, (all smoked stuff) because of the cancer causing thing.
This has prevented me buying a smoker, but this time I'm going to get one. Gotta die of something I guess.
Wow my missus isn't keen on me getting one, too many hobbies etc, but I don't think she'd kill me if I did. You win the scary wife contest!

I am truly lucky. My wife really enjoys my beers and smoked meats. Good luck!

Anyone got the retractable garden hose reel? I’m in the market for one and it’s $70!

I’d use it for hosing down brew equipment...

Bit late, but I got one on special not that long ago from bunnings for $49. It works great, hope it lasts! It is so handy for brew gear cleaning.

Better not tell her that alcohol also causes cancer...

I'm working on Saturday but am going to duck down at 8.30 to grab one! My missus is already salivating at the thought of what it will produce... guess I got a good one!

Just scored myself a smoker. The bbqs were all gone when i left and 2 smokers left. I got $30 of ribs to try sometime over the weekend.
What kind of wood do i use. Sawdust or chips/chunks?

ether works well. i use mainly chips and top up with dust.
saying that I'm also using the shavings from my wood lathe as well.

I used to use mainly pellets. Now i use a combo of chips and small chunks. You can get some stuff at green shed but bbq galore have a much better selection and price is good.

just be aware that most of the pellets on the market are 70+% filler wood and only a low percentage of what your actually after. i get mine from aussiebbqsmoke.com

One of the reasons ive moved away from pellets.

the place i posted has 100% pellets, also a good range of most other stuff

Latest posts

Back