• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Whats the deal ?

I have seen Pale Ale in Aldi for $32ctn

if its the one we tried, its ok... not great... bout as watery as JS
but the headache... i didnt get through a sixer before it started.

they did then the label was sold to someone else who is getting contract brewed somewhere.

I got sucked in thinking Barons had reformed last time they had it
Most made it in to the bin
It was crap

helles said:
I got sucked in thinking Barons had reformed last time they had it
Most made it in to the bin
It was crap
That bad ? I never got the chance to try Barons back when they were a going concern. So I'm guessing it wasn't that good from the start.

I remember hearing they were brewing from extract, but that was a long time ago.

I got a Tornado spin mop on Saturday, it was a feeding frenzy in there. We had to wrestle a pensioner to the ground then walk over him as he was taking too long to pick his box out, inconsiderate *******.

$60 for Leffe Blonde at the moment - love that stuff but unfortunately no liquor at the Taree store, yet.
Works out $15 a six pack, good for an authentic 6.6% Belgian.

Bribie G said:
$60 for Leffe Blonde at the moment - love that stuff but unfortunately no liquor at the Taree store, yet.
Works out $15 a six pack, good for an authentic 6.6% Belgian.
even if there was, doubtful they would have leffe in... my locals with alcohol have very very poor selection in recent times and its never the good imports and usually just stuff like Bintang or Heineken

I thought these were online only specials ? I've never seen them in stores...as you said.

Samuel Adams said:
Good old price match / undercutting.

I have Aldi to thank for a cheap (can't remember exact $$) carton of Hoegaarden. Soon as Aldi sells out the price goes back up.
Back when i worked for a Woolworths owned bottle shop, they could buy in Hoegaarden for $34 per carton. Which happened to be around $2 a carton cheaper than Cascade Draught, which was made on the other side of Hobart.

Aldi 'beverage dispensers'. Two types. $15.99 each. Might be good for mead etc or use as a small batch fermentor.

Available Wed 16 Sept.

• Choose from 2 styles, 6.3L or 8L capacity
  • Beverage Dispenser 6.3L with stand: 22(D) x 34(H)cm
  • Beverage Dispenser 8L: 20(D) x 32(H)cm
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-16-sep/wednesday-detail-wk-38/ps/p/beverage-dispenser/?pk_campaign=au_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2015-09-10_17-55

Aldi 6.3L.jpg Aldi 8L.jpg

Back