• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much identical to the one I bought at Harvey's for a dollar less

Yes pays to watch Aldi's specials, I almost bought a solar panel set up for the caravan 120W about $250. Scored a 160W for $185 delivered. Don't jump in thinking it's special.

Little tip on items at ALDI that don't move as quick as you'd expect. After 6-8 weeks if they still have stock, its reduced significantly as they don't want to carry and handle it for the next 6-12 months before it available again. For example, that chest freezer linked above was on clearance for $149 as the store still had 3 on hand that got buried in their warehouse behind other specials. They got sick of it taking up room so put them on the floor at $149 and they were gone within a few days. 3 year warranty too I believe. Cant vouch for the product but just something to keep an eye out for with their specials.

Little tip on items at ALDI that don't move as quick as you'd expect. After 6-8 weeks if they still have stock, its reduced significantly as they don't want to carry and handle it for the next 6-12 months before it available again. For example, that chest freezer linked above was on clearance for $149 as the store still had 3 on hand that got buried in their warehouse behind other specials. They got sick of it taking up room so put them on the floor at $149 and they were gone within a few days. 3 year warranty too I believe. Cant vouch for the product but just something to keep an eye out for with their specials.

Nice tip.
There's a few camping items at my local Aldi that I've had my eye on for a couple of weeks. Not essential, so I'm in no hurry, nor really care if I miss out, but if I see those prices drop, I'll be shovin' some old ducks outta my way to get at 'em.

IMG_2027.GIF

If they put an item on clearance and cut the price grab it if you really want it as it will probably be gone if you come back later .

I did this at my local big green shed. I was looking at a big kingchrome SS tool box, was $1495. About 2 years later both were still there. They dropped the price to $950 and I grabbed one. The other one only lasted a week.

I did this at my local big green shed. I was looking at a big kingchrome SS tool box, was $1495. About 2 years later both were still there. They dropped the price to $950 and I grabbed one. The other one only lasted a week.

Two years...that is persistence!

The chest freezer is excellent, mine's coming up 4 years old and just purrs along.

Dolly trolleys on special next week, great for shifting FVs and kegs.

Yeah but some of us won't buy anything at Hardly Normal for fear of encouraging Gerry.
You mean Gollum's grandad, who wants to import workers at $4 an hour to staff his stores. Any of them that aren't up to scratch he'll send to the Fatberg of the West to slave in her mines.

Lovely chap.

You mean Gollum's grandad, who wants to import workers at $4 an hour to staff his stores. Any of them that aren't up to scratch he'll send to the Fatberg of the West to slave in her mines.

Lovely chap.
When they get convicted in court they use separate company name for that store not the one they advertise under .

It would actually fit 4, but the collar would have to be extremely tall.

Latest posts

Back