• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flensburger are nice beers. Would be nice to try some of their other styles (which i dont think are available in Australia).

Do they usually stock plenty of Flensburger or is this Hobgoblin all over again where ALDI bought 1x24-pack for all of Australia?

Do they usually stock plenty of Flensburger or is this Hobgoblin all over again where ALDI bought 1x24-pack for all of Australia?
Heaps still at Lismore, about six slabs still. Usually sell out quickly.

I really let this one slip under the radar and hadn't read this thread... only popped into the store for some mince and manderines - and there it was ;-)
Flens.jpg

They also had a heap of Coopers Craft Beer kits. The small fermenter that comes with them is actually a good asset if you do a lot of comp brewing. You can crank out half sized brews, if entering something that you don't regularly drink yourself but are good at brewing such as the Imperial Triple Hefepoodle etc.

Heaps still at Lismore, about six slabs still. Usually sell out quickly.

I really let this one slip under the radar and hadn't read this thread... only popped into the store for some mince and manderines - and there it was ;-)
View attachment 107901

They also had a heap of Coopers Craft Beer kits. The small fermenter that comes with them is actually a good asset if you do a lot of comp brewing. You can crank out half sized brews, if entering something that you don't regularly drink yourself but are good at brewing such as the Imperial Triple Hefepoodle etc.

Mine only had 1 slab of each type, lucky the Mrs popped in for me on the day it was released!!

Bergbrau is back at Aldi. I bought a sixpack (2 Helles, 2 pils, 2 hefe) for the swingtops and while I wait for my first brew after moving to Geelong to be ready. My review, in descending order:

I give the Helles high marks, especially for a budget beer. It has all the rich malt taste you expect in the style, is a bit more hop forward than expected, but good noble hops.

The pils is pretty good, shows floral late hops. I'll take it over, say, Henniger.

The hefe seems to have undergone continuing fermentation in the bottle, and not for the better. Much sediment at the bottom. When I flipped the top, a shot rang out through the house. No gusher, but no matter how carefully I poured, the head damn near filled the glass. Yes, the bottles are damn strong. I know hefes are supposed to be highly carbonated and often throw sediment, but not like this.

Attenuation had left the hefe as dry as a saison, along with a metallic taste. Harsh bitterness. Flavour strong on cloves without much balance. Never mind whether the beer conformed to style, it was bad, maybe had been in storage too long and too warm.

Aldi Tweed heads sells likka. Handy to th M1 just off the Minjungbar Dr turnoff for anyone popping South of the border.
Couple of rat runs you can use to dodge the border patrols on your way home.

ok enough discussion on liquor policies indifferent parts of the country. this is a discussion on aldi bargins

Excellent. Love this time of year at Aldi.
Same the food is awesome as well as the booze. Sauerkraut is the go amongst other things. The 1L can and stein is good value too.

too bad I have to go to bloody Joondalup! Those Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier look tasty. Wouldn't mind a stein too, less trips to the kegerator.

Back