• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi Cooler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmyummybeer

Reaction score
Hi found these for sale in Aldi and thought the forum might be interested. A corny keg fits in nicely, put a bit of ice around and makes a good portable keg holder.

Corny_2.jpg

Cheers

:icon_chickcheers:

Bugger! was just in an Aldi yesterday... didn't see any. That would have been real nice.

Just bought one, down from $37 to $19.99!

Can't argue at that price, saves me messing around with broccoli boxes.

Damn at $20 that is a steal. Might have to check out my local store tomorrow

That sounds great :icon_cheers:

dropped into Aldi today and picked one of these coolers up. They were $29.99 here but I figured I couldnt be bothered looking around anymore and that price was reasonable.

The original tap easily comes off by unscrewing the back nut of it so no modification needed to fit the tap I had. I will put something in the bottom to sit the keg on and put my beer line at the bottom. Will either buy a little charger or drill a hole in the top of it and mount my sodastream bottle and reg to the back of the cooler.

For now here is some photos. Keg is a 9L keg.

Pok

1.JPG

2.JPG

The original tap easily comes off by unscrewing the back nut of it so no modification needed to fit the tap I had. I will put something in the bottom to sit the keg on and put my beer line at the bottom. Will either buy a little charger or drill a hole in the top of it and mount my sodastream bottle and reg to the back of the cooler.

For now here is some photos. Keg is a 9L keg.

Pok

Nice one! :beerbang:

With the tap under the level of the keg, you could even go "cask-mode" and just use gravity to get the beer out. Obviously you'd need the beer line primed and you'd want to be consuming the whole keg in one sitting, but it's a gas-less option for the right circumstances.

Cheers,
tallie

Just bought one, down from $37 to $19.99!

Can't argue at that price, saves me messing around with broccoli boxes.

what store did you get it from mate ? chermside?

i think i need one or two of these :)

damn you eastern states, german owned supermarket chains... does Aldi ship?

what store did you get it from mate ? chermside?

i think i need one or two of these :)

Bit further down from you, Toombul. They had about 8 left yesterday. But you might get lucky in Chermside too, they usually have more stock than Toombul.
Give them a call, they can put them on hold for you too, just make sure you get them on the discounted price.

Still $36 in Ballarat...I was all fired up too... went up the road and bought a$15 fermenter from the big green shed instead.

sweet as ! thanks mate just bagged one for $19.95 !

looking at it now and wondering the mash tun qualities it has aswell?!

None in the Gympie store today.
I get get some of that yummy smoked chicken though.

Batz

sweet as ! thanks mate just bagged one for $19.95 !

looking at it now and wondering the mash tun qualities it has aswell?!

How many litres mate? Also what do its insulation qualities look like or is it just a plastic bucket?

23 litres, so a bit small for a mash tun.
There's some kind of foam in there, you can see it when you take the tap out.

EDIT: could be alright for single batches with single infusion + batch sparge actually.

Latest posts

Back