Aldi Adjuncts - Flavoured Extracts 26/6

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
OK I have a Czech pilsner I brewed a few months ago on tap ATM, I just put two drops of Aldi chocolate extract into my glass and filled it. Very close example of a commercial beer I tried recently, I'm going to add it to one of the kegs that I'm yet to tap. Nice, fun sort of beer and easy azz.

Batz
and the commercial beer was?
And the recipe for pils was ?

Geez bats ;)

Update; Brewed a hazelnut brown based on a Rogue clone found on here and added 12.5ml of extract at bottling. Tasted a sample and I'm pretty happy with the level of hazelnut flavour in it, not overpowering but definitely in there. I will report back here when I drink a bottle or two and let you know how it's tasting.

I have a porter brewing now that I will be adding some choc extract to and will probably go with 12.5ml in that too.

FYI - I used a baby panadol syringe to measure the extract, just poured it in from the bottle as it has that dropper on it.

Cheers mate. I brewed a smoked amber ale yesterday that I was going to put around 10mls of maple extract into when I keg. Probably in around 2 weeks. Let me know how it turns out. Probably going to brew a hazelnut brown this weekend.

doon said:
From what I can find people are also adding actual bacon bits to either boil or secondary
I've done it, my tip is test the beer after 2 or 3 days and rack off as soon as it's bacon-ey enough for you
I left my first attempt sitting on the bacon for 2 weeks, which was FAR too much

Samuel Adams said:
Update; Brewed a hazelnut brown based on a Rogue clone found on here and added 12.5ml of extract at bottling. Tasted a sample and I'm pretty happy with the level of hazelnut flavour in it, not overpowering but definitely in there. I will report back here when I drink a bottle or two and let you know how it's tasting.

I have a porter brewing now that I will be adding some choc extract to and will probably go with 12.5ml in that too.

FYI - I used a baby panadol syringe to measure the extract, just poured it in from the bottle as it has that dropper on it.
I have had a few of the hazelnut browns now and the flavour is in the background, not overpowering at all.
I would personally up it next time to 15ml to get closer to the Rogue beer hazelnutiness.

The porter I actually added 15ml of choc and it is quite chocolatey, only been in the bottle a week so it may fade a bit with time.

Back