• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Alcojet Soda Streem Adapter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Reaction score
:D Hi hoops hope you get this or any of the members that have got one off you allready .i have the newer style alcojet 2 sodastreem bottel 40ltr and 100ltr
now I would like to get one of thoughs adapters as i would like to couple it to a norgren regulator. can you help hoops or any members help me out hear ?
I am a newbie to the site but then in saying that I have been brewing english real ale for years and using english beer engine to pull pints from casks with alot of sucess if any one is interested and using a CO2 aspirating system to blanket the ale from air .
anyway i would like one of theese adapters if you fellas can help.

thanks tanked :chug:

Hi Tanked,
Sorry I can't answer your question about sodastream(plenty of others on this site should be able to though). I am interested in your beer engine set up and so if you can post piccys and explain how it is working with the CO2 blanket? Also interested in connections to the engine and what sort of cask you use. Perhaps you could post the answer as a new thread.

I have a beer engine but yet to hook it up(no cask or connections) and get it up and running. So any insights you can give would be great and of general interest to the board.

Cheers
Roach

hi roach
yes no worries mate can even inform you where to get some of the bits too .
will get back to you soon might even be good to start a real ale and engine tthread as I am sure plenty of brewers out there do this too.
get back to you as soon as I have had my tea.
tanked

does the norgren regulator conform to aus standards or is it an import ? do u have a pic of it ? if you just want to squirt some co2 into the cask, perhaps gutting a sodastream machine might be cheaper...

redbeard

how are ya .
1x norgren reg purchasing in aus (601 spec beargas)
2x have soda stream
3x have cask breathers(actually they are called aspirators)
4x have spigots

ok now the set goes like this
CO2 BOTTEL-HP 601 REG-PRESSURE DOWN TO 20PSI-LP LOWFLOW REG DOWN TO 2PSI-ASPIRATOR-SPIGOT-CASK

NOW THE REASON WE DO THIS IS TWO FOLD
firstly with real ales that are cask conditioned we to not(NOT)want to artificially carbonate.
this is why the low pressure step down is required
the aspirator only delivers co2 at atmosphere so this means when you are pulling a pint from the cask as the liquid draws out a blanket effect of co2 just covers the bear preventing it from oxcidisation(hope the spelling is correct).
Ok pulling a beer what do you mean I hear you say. Well yes i use a traditional beer engine with my ales as i like draughting my ale from the keg rather than using gas at pressure to push it out under force.
the reasons for this is simple .I never get over carbonation of real ales (as they are vented to atmospheric pressure before every session)then the aspirator dose its job while a session is on .
now do you like the heads on your beer to be dense rather than soapey well using the engine you can get a true northern syle head on your beer without using nitrogen (hey another saving there )
tell you what have a look at this site it is in the forums it is very good great picks a simple thinking too

http://biohazard.veriqik.com/

take a look mate this will explain as well

as i am in the middel of revamping set up and building a new bar i cant give you any picks yet but then saying that when i get a moment i can lay out the gear and show you what it looks like ,

TANKED

After receiving my adaptor and alc0jet cylinder I've found that Hoops' adaptors do indeed fit both the old and new cylinders and work very well. (two "and"s in one sentence...f**k, that is some bad grammar :huh: )

BUT...don't buy the ones on eBay without the adjustable activator pin...they may work on some but not others...Hoops' ones have a threaded pin which means you can adjust it to suit the various SodaStream cylinder heads ;)

PZ.

It's hard to know if the reg you are talking about will fit the adaptor. If it fits an Australian CO2 bottle then it should be fine.
A picture would be good so we can see what we're talking about.

Hoops

if its a co2 aus reg then it should fit. however, the harris reg which is popular on ahb need the adaptor to be slightly modified to fit. ive read the biohazard brewery page & understand mostly what your doing. ive got 2 questions thou:

- once the cask has finished conditioning/2nd ferm, & u hook it up to the pump, do u just need a layer of co2 on the beer, seperating the beer from air, with the cask open to the air, or are u looking to only having beer & co2 in the cask, hence the gas is permanently connected.

- is cask wood or ss ?

hope this makes sense
cheers

Is this the sodastream (non-USA) or the newer Alcojet SodaClub bottles? We in the USA have the SodaClub, and there are a few interesting secrets to the AlcoJet SodaClub bottles that you might not know about, but are important when refilling.
The secret to refilling the Soda Club canister

B5

:D Hi hoops hope you get this or any of the members that have got one off you allready .i have the newer style alcojet 2 sodastreem bottel 40ltr and 100ltr
now I would like to get one of thoughs adapters as i would like to couple it to a norgren regulator. can you help hoops or any members help me out hear ?
I am a newbie to the site but then in saying that I have been brewing english real ale for years and using english beer engine to pull pints from casks with alot of sucess if any one is interested and using a CO2 aspirating system to blanket the ale from air .
anyway i would like one of theese adapters if you fellas can help.

thanks tanked :chug:

Latest posts

Back