Alcoholic Cordial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbro

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has tried fermenting some cordial with yeast and had some good results

i was thinking of of using Kool-aid because you have to mix sugar with it anyway

tell us what you think?

thank you

At soem point in the distant past I made riboozer, which was about 3 litres of ribena syrup and 1kg of dextrose with champagne yeast, made up to 20 litres.

In direct retaliation, a friend made a similar thing with red cordial (tip: get one with artificial flavours and colours, these wont ferment out).

I haven't been tempted to do another one, not even to torture the guy over here at AHB brewdays.

jimbro said:
just wondering if anyone has tried fermenting some cordial with yeast and had some good results

i was thinking of of using Kool-aid because you have to mix sugar with it anyway

tell us what you think?

thank you
[post="80587"][/post]​

Do a search on google for prison wine...

For the truly authentic taste brew it in a plastic bag stashed in the toilet using bakers yeast (or a slice of mouldy bread stuffed into a sock if you can't smuggle any yeast out of the prison kitchen).

Its generally pretty vile. Even brewed using proper yeast.

Cheers
Dave

thanks for all your help

dave man i don't see what your post had to do with my topic its just some real scattered shit

wtf has prison wine got to do with fermenting kool-aid with a bit of yeast
seriously man i don't see the connection but thanks anyway

Go for it Jimbro. Be a brave man. Let us know how awful it was after you've done it....

Not having had kool aid for a very long time, I would just check the label for preservatives which could really cramp the yeast's style.

You are a brave man indeed for trying. The closest I have done to this is
http://brewiki.org/ItsJustNotBeer

AppleCider.jpg

the ribena thing sounds good
gotta be careful that your cordial isn't full of preservatives that'll give the yeast a hard time
cordials are chocka full of cane sugar so theyd probably ferment out like old Uncle Bobs SpewBrew (can+1kg cane sugar)

Latest posts

Back