Alcoholic Coke

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1me

Reaction score
Anyone tried or considered this?
Basically thinking of a crap load of flat coke, some yeast, a fermenter, and seeing what happens.

is it to acidic for the yeast? or will it just overflow and take over my kitchen... or will it be a heavenly combination of alcohol, caffeine and sugar.... how can something so unhealthy be so wrong...

A guy at a place I was contracting to talked about the "fruit wines" they used to make in Saudi Arabia. Hes a pom, and lived in a community with lots of other poms.

Basically they'd get large amounts of fruit juice's and sugar, then ferment them with bakers yeast!

He claims it was actually a pleasant drink. I dont beleive him :)

mother..... of..... god....
that is inspirational! lol

not sure if there is sulphur dioxide in coke, i think SD is mostlty used as preservative... would something with 12 teaspoons os sugar in it per can require a preservative?

my next batch of brew will be a traditional scrumpy, with windfalls and meat in the fermenter, but after that, alcoholic coke is definately a must.

pr1me said:
would something with 12 teaspoons os sugar in it per can require a preservative?
Well, yes actually. The sugar would spontaneously ferment if it wasn't either pastuerised or preserved.

hmmmm bugger, i take it there is no way to counter act a preservative?

pr1me said:
hmmmm bugger, i take it there is no way to counter act a preservative?
1. Find out if it has preservative or if its pasteurised.
2. Overpitch :)

I tried to brew lemonade once by chucking some yeast in supermarket lemonade. Basically nothing happened and I haven't tried since (I prefer my home brew ginger beer).

Can't be sure why it failed but preservatives would be on that list. I also added some lemon juice and some citric acid so the pH might have been a bit low.

easiest way ive made alcoholic coke is to add rum or whiskey/bourbon. :D
works for me. ;)

I checked out a can of Choke on the weekend. It contains water, sugar, flavours colours, caffeine and food acid (forgot the number, assume it is for preservative). So if we ferment out the sugar to make alcohol, we'll be left with flavours, colour, caffeine water and alcohol. At best it'll taste like crap. At worst, it'll taste like my Belgian fruit beer ;)

cool, i guess I can always add some extra sugar back into when I bottle, to bring back the tooth ache sweetness I love.

Alcoholic lemonade is also on my list of exotic crap to brew, but I will probably use water, lemons and a crapload of caster sugar instead of a comemrcial lemonade.

pr1me said:
cool, i guess I can always add some extra sugar back into when I bottle, to bring back the tooth ache sweetness I love.
No. That will simply make your bottles explode.

Take big d's advice and make your Coke alcoholic by adding some brown spirits in the glass.

Back