Alcohol Makes Your Brain Grow

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4496727.stm

_41090031_brain_image_new203.jpg

Just read the article, and I realise addiction is no longer a possiblity for me anyway, so time for another pint :p

Doc

And there's The Buffalo Theory:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as
fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection
is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the
slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain
cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Warning: alcohol consumption impairs your ability to pronounce "Neuropsychopharmacology".

That, Wortgames, is a beautiful analogy. And pneumonultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis only becomes pronouncable after the 10th pint.

You can thank Cliff Claven for that pearl.

On the subject of hippopotomonstrosesquipidelian words, I recall discussing antidisestablishmentarianism one evening with a Welsh barman. I forget where, but it was probably Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Of course, this really is neither here nor there - but then, I am prone to floccinaucinihilipilification.

Wortgames said:
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."
[post="57363"][/post]​

Cool! Acid washing for the brain. :super:

I'm off to cut a couple loose from the herd. :lol:

Warren -

pneumonultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

The disease coal miners can get? In the lungs I think.

Its a ******* to fire off quickly either way whether before or after 10 pints! :p

Back