Albury/wodonga's First Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammo7

Reaction score
Hey All.

U-brewit Wodonga has agreed to help us out with a Grain Bulk buy for the end of the month.

I am able to hold a few bags for a couple of weeks for those who will not be able to make it on the day.
Prices have not been fully finalised as yet but will be fairly close to the spreadsheet HERE. We will know firm pricing/availability once we get an indication of the final qty of bags.

Please copy the list and add your name - please don't leave anyone off the list.
All orders will need to be finalized by the 15th and paid for (by direct debit to me) by the 18th.
Pick Up will be at U-brewit Wodonga on Afternoon of Friday 27th and Morning Saturday 28th July (dates/times to also be confirmed).

To start it off, we have:

1. Hammo - 1xCrisp Maris Otter, 1x Briess Pale Ale, 1x Wey Carapils, 1x Wey Rye
2. Cambrew - 1 x Simpsons Maris Otter, 1 x JW Pilsner
3. Kappow - 1x Simpsons Maris Otter 1 x Simpsons golden promise
4. Pricey - 1x Simpson Maris otter 1x Weyerman pilsner
5. Tones0606 - some Malt
6. GavinL - 1x Briess Pale, 1x Best pils
7. Fawnroux - 1 x JW Pilsner, 1 x JW Traditional Ale, 1 x Simpsons Maris Otter, 1 x Weyermann Light Munich.

I was browsing through u-brewit's things on ebay and thought I would have a look at their kits and noticed that you made an instructional video for them, great job. It's very informative and would have been very handy if things like this were around when I started brewing and they are at a pretty good price.

I haven't been down their for a while now but do they sell their hops for the same price as they do on the net? (all very competitive pricing)

I was browsing through u-brewit's things on ebay and thought I would have a look at their kits and noticed that you made an instructional video for them, great job. It's very informative and would have been very handy if things like this were around when I started brewing and they are at a pretty good price.

I haven't been down their for a while now but do they sell their hops for the same price as they do on the net? (all very competitive pricing)

Hey Cam.
Thanks for that. I have to get the original files off them and re-author so the video is a bit bigger. I did feel dirty doing an extract brew though!!

The hops will be cheaper in store (along with most things - no e-bay and paypal fees). Prices yet to be worked out.
They are truly going to have a real go at it (to cater for the All grainer and advanced extract brewers).

I have to have another meeting with them, there will be more to follow!! Exciting times ahead where we have a real brewing store!

5. Tones0606 - some Malt
7. Fawnroux - 1 x JW Pilsner, 1 x JW Traditional Ale, 1 x Simpsons Maris Otter, 1 x Weyermann Light Munich.
8. Fixa - 1 x JW Choc

Anyone want to split a bag of biscuit?

5. Tones0606 - some Malt
8. Fixa - 1 x JW Choc

Anyone want to split a bag of biscuit?
Hey Mate.
What are you planning to brew with the biscuit?

We can also get bulk hops if anyone is interested! can pick up the same day.
I have also talked Jez into getting pricing on yeasts - make it a brewing BB!

Hey Matt;

Going to brew some English ales and porters with it. If I get my shed built anyway..

5. Tones0606 - 1 x Golden Promise, 1 x JW Wheat, 1 x JW Trad Ale
8. Fixa - 1 x JW Choc

Hey All
I have told a few of you, but the bulk buy has been put back a week.
Pick up is no on the Saturday 4th August.
The pricing on the list is right, I can get all the malts.

So orders and payments need to be finalized by Sunday 29th (orders by Wednesday 25th payment in my acc by 29th).

Let me know if you require any information.

6. GavinL - 2x Briess Pale, 1x Best pils, 1x Briess caramel 60, 1x crisp maris otter
  8. Fixa - 1 x JW Choc

Are we still using this table ? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key...bGhqcnN2RjRvSmc if so would it be possible to take of the bag of dark crystal and chocolate? sorry for the people that were up for splitting it but the prices U-brew it have now kind of defeat the purpose of stocking up too much on speciality malts.

cheers :icon_cheers:
Yeah Cam, we are still using that.
I have updated the Spreadsheet to reflect posts.

If there is a special malt that gets used a bit, it is worth buying it. If you decide to do a brew on a Sunday or Monday, they (ubrewit) are not open,

Hey All.
Sorry for the late post. I have had some set backs at home.

We need to finalise the grain orders soon.
I'll flick the bank details through soon.

Simon, I'll be able to split the biscuit.

If you want hops, we can get (in Kilo lots):
Cascade $58
Galaxy $58
Citra $74
Amarillo $98 (or $320 for a 5 kg lot) :(
Chinook $68
EKG $45
Saaz $40
Northern Brewer $44
Hallertau $62
Centenial $70

Hops
1.Cameron - 1kg Northern Brewer

Grain

8. Fixa - 1 x JW Choc

Paid Matt....

Cheers fella, thanks for organising!

What type of Saaz?
Do you know what year and AA on hops?
Sorry to be a pain.....no i'm not

Yeah righto......just not the 1973 yield (i heard that year was terrible for saaz hops) <_<

Back