Albury/wodonga Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fawnroux

Reaction score
G'day brewers,

I think this has been bandied about on here a few times, but I'm not to sure anything has really come of it. Looking to start up a bit of a homebrew/craft beer/social club in the Albury/Wodonga region. Nothing to serious straight off the bat, just looking to get something going with like minded locals.

I think initially we could setup a bit of a mailing list/group and go from there. I was living up the Sunny Coast this year and we set up something just like that and it seemed to work well. Down the track we could have brew days, brew swaps, brewery visits (I mean hey, there's 5 within an hour of here) etc and so on. I'll be a work in progress. Doesn't matter what level of brewer you are, the more the merrier.

Anyway, if there are any local brewers interested, just reply to the thread or PM me you email address. Likewise, if you know of anyone who might be interested, let em know.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey mate I am another all grain brewer in the area and I know of at least another 3 or 4 around here who haven't commented on the post.

Now thats what I'm talking about! :beer:

I'll send you a PM.

Awsome work Dave

I'm keen

Cheers
You're not invited Tones ;)

Just had a thought, we should look at attending/hijacking a u-brewit meeting, to find more people. I heard that there are a few guys who gave up all grain because of the location and found it was not that much more expensive to go to u-brewit, but without the hassle.

we should look at attending/hijacking a u-brewit meeting, to find more people.

That u-brewit is actually for sale. I can just see us turning up to a meeting to tell their few customers that all grain rules and we'll show em how easy it is! :lol: :lol:

They'd chase us down wigg st!

No wonder it's for sale I had mates brewing there for a bit and every beer I tried of theirs tasted like utter shite

That u-brewit is actually for sale. I can just see us turning up to a meeting to tell their few customers that all grain rules and we'll show em how easy it is! :lol: :lol:

They'd chase us down wigg st!
LOL!
I would like to grab a few of their kettles!

Hey Dave have just got your PM and have replied.
definately interested in getting something like this started. just not sure how long im gonna be in albury for

Cheers Chris

So there has been a bit of interest regarding this which is great. Currently about 10 brewers on the list. I've sent out a few messages to others, some have moved, some not yet replied.

Just bumping this in case there is anyone else out there interested. Hoping to organise a bit of a meet and greet sometime soon. Currently staying with my wife in laws (good times) and will have our own place pretty soon, so I think a homebrew and BBQ afternoon will definitely be on the cards.

Cheers,

Dave

So there has been a bit of interest regarding this which is great. Currently about 10 brewers on the list. I've sent out a few messages to others, some have moved, some not yet replied.

Just bumping this in case there is anyone else out there interested. Hoping to organise a bit of a meet and greet sometime soon. Currently staying with my wife in laws (good times) and will have our own place pretty soon, so I think a homebrew and BBQ afternoon will definitely be on the cards.

Cheers,

Dave

Can you blokes hold a brewing/drinking/bbq type event on Saturday 10 March please? In Wodonga for work and be happy to add you blokes to my extended meet and greet list. Lived in Wodonga 1989-93 so I'm almost still a local!

Can you blokes hold a brewing/drinking/bbq type event on Saturday 10 March please? In Wodonga for work and be happy to add you blokes to my extended meet and greet list. Lived in Wodonga 1989-93 so I'm almost still a local!

Well, seeing as you're a local :D

I'll keep that date in mind, it might work out well. I'll keep you posted.

Dave

just wondering if anyone is having a brew day soon?
if not how about we try to organise a meet and greet at a pub somewhere?

I should know by next week when we'll be moving into the townhouse.

Otherwise, the new St Ives Bier Cafe is launching tomorrow night. Not too sure what their tap lineup looks like, but it'll have to be better than most pubs around here. Could probably do a meetup there.

I should know by next week when we'll be moving into the townhouse.

Otherwise, the new St Ives Bier Cafe is launching tomorrow night. Not too sure what their tap lineup looks like, but it'll have to be better than most pubs around here. Could probably do a meetup there.

yeah i heard about said cafe on the radio this morning sounds interesting. hopefully it does better than everything else thats been opened in that building

Back