Air Or Gas In Beer Gun Lines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieb

Reaction score
hi all experts, have gas and or air in beer gun lines and it "farts" and fizzes up the beer, i have 50 kpa for dispensing pressure and have 4 kegs linked together, is there an answer ????????? :angry:

two days at 210 kpa cold kegs and beer looks good just the gas trap in the gun!!!

What size beer line from the keg to tap and how long?

I'm guessing the serving pressure is too low for the gassing level. I would try and push the serving pressure up to at least 80 to 90 kpa to stop the CO2 coming out of solution.

oh about 700mm long at a guess, will try increasing pressure, thx champ

oh about 700mm long at a guess, will try increasing pressure, thx champ

No problems. If you find the extra serving pressure fixes up the CO2 in the line, but gives you a foamy pour try and add a lot more length to the beer line. I would start at 2m and if it pours too slow chop off 100mm at a time until you are happy. Depending on the beer line internal diameter, standard line is best around 1.5m.

Under here there is a couple of good discussions on balancing a kegging system.

Hope this helps, and enjoy the kegs :D

QldKev

No problems. If you find the extra serving pressure fixes up the CO2 in the line, but gives you a foamy pour try and add a lot more length to the beer line. I would start at 2m and if it pours too slow chop off 100mm at a time until you are happy. Depending on the beer line internal diameter, standard line is best around 1.5m.

Until you get longer beer line, holding the tap as high above the keg as possible can also help with foaming problems at higher pressure.

Cheers,
tallie

Worked great have increased the length to 2.3 mt have a great poor and nice flow :p
And THX

Glad you have got it sorted.

Time to make more beer to keep those kegs full :lol:

QldKev

Back