Aipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_HOME_BREW_WALLACE_

Professional Drunken Yahoo!
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have nearly filled all my empty cubes now, but all i have left over is about 8kg of BB Ale Malt and 1.3kg of Caramunich 2.

I was thinking of a 6-8% AIPA? I have shedloads of american hops stashed away in the freezer, I just want to know how well BB Ale and Caramunich 2 will work together? Say 85%-15%??

Cheers.

Hey Mate,

It will be fine.... I personally wouldn't go over 10% caramunich II myself, in fact more like 7-8% but it all comes down to personal taste, so go nuts!

Cheers

I use BB Ale and Munich I in my APA's and they work well together. Percentages around 76% BB Ale and 12% Munich I balanced with a touch of wheat and then specs :icon_drool2: . If using Munich II just drop the Munich back a little.

Gavo.

Edit: Just re-read the OP, yeah It will go well just keep the Caramunic II under 10%, I reckon it will still be good.

I'd suggest that some lighter crystal is probably a better way to go than CMII for an American IPA. If you do use the CMII I'd drop the percentage down alot like cocko said.

10% caramunich and a shedload of chinook could be close to Stone Arrogant *******.

Latest posts

Back