Aiba 2012 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insane_rosenberg

Reaction score
Are available here.

What are your thoughts? Not a lot of golds on the list. A few I'm hoping to try at the World of Beer tonight.

Doc (Doctors Orders Brewing) scored well.
A Silver for the Iron Lung & a Bronze for the Zephyr.
:beer:

One of the AHB contributors 'Hargie' judged this comp. Any insights, Cougar?

Why so many "Not awarded"?
Each beer was blind-judged against a set of guidelines - similar to, but not the same as the BJCP ones.
If a beer reached a specific score (averaged across all the judges), it achieved a Bronze, Silver or Gold medal - if no beers were in those score ranges, no medals were awarded for that category.

Hey Rossco,
Bet you never thought you'd get an award for your Big Red Cock :beerbang: 36H

:icon_cheers:

Paul

Holeeee Crap....

I dunno how good GABS was because I didn't go.

But I dunno if life gets much better than free Sam Adams Utopias.

AIBA World of Beer FTW.

:kooi:

some interesting results in that lot.but nice to see VB didn't get a award

The most disturbing result :blink:

Best International Lager  Hahn Super Dry, Tooheys, New South Wales, Australia

and Budvar didn't score anything.....no wonder we keep getting shit thrown at us....even those 'in the know' reckon the shit is the shit...

and Budvar didn't score anything.....no wonder we keep getting shit thrown at us....even those 'in the know' reckon the shit is the shit...
Like I said above, beer categories are judged against a set of style guidelines (not unlike BJCP), obviously many of those guidelines cater for the mainstream type beers, and hence some of them do well in those categories. I very much doubt Budvar would have been entered in the same category as Hahn Super Dry, and there could be many reasons why it was not given a medal including how well the beer traveled etc.

Before all the cynicism starts, and I could be pretty thick with that at the moment, the brewers association guidelines are used which are a mirror of the bjcp. The stopped running separate guidelines years ago as far as I can remember.

It is a legit comp, judge by the most professional in the land (and from OS). A beer comes in blind, it stacks up or not.

Scotty

Potters (Hunter Beer Company) did well as I for one have come to expect; medalling in 8 out of the 17 categories entered. Congratulations to Keith and the crew and thanks for all the great beers over the last few years keep them coming.

4377 Hunter Beer Company,
New South Wales, Australia
Hunter Bock Silver

6129 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter Ice Bock Bronze

5839 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter No Pants IPA Silver

1331 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter Chocolate Porter Silver

3547 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter Big Coco Mama Silver

8215 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter Chocolate Porter Bronze

9143 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter Big Coco Mama Silver

1955 Hunter Beer Company,
Hunter 3 Bears Stout Silver

I just read through the complete results - for once I could see results that gell with my expectations, either the judging is getting really good or my taste in beer is improving.
Well done Oud Beersal!
Obviously the "caution - this beer contains a flayed cock" worked in your favour Brother Ross, congrats to all the new craft breweries BTW, well done.

I just read through the complete results - for once I could see results that gell with my expectations, either the judging is getting really good or my taste in beer is improving.
Well done Oud Beersal!
Obviously the "caution - this beer contains a flayed cock" worked in your favour Brother Ross, congrats to all the new craft breweries BTW, well done.
Naturally, with a Big Red Cock you would expect Ross to come first :ph34r: :lol:

Naturally, with a Big Red Cock you would expect Ross to come first :ph34r: :lol:

Did you show him yours as well :lol:

Back OT, good work to the up and coming brewers, shake that tree and watch the medals come out!

Thread cleaned. Offending member warned.

Well done to all AHB members who picked up medals.

Cheers

Back