AHB Wiki: Dry Hopping

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 IBU perfect to style? Is that a boo-boo? :/ I think saaz at various late boil steps (20, 10, 5 mins and flameout) will create sufficient taste and aroma. I have one in the fermenter at the moment and it's very floral and honey-like and it was just 60-20-0 additions.

By style i mean, hops malt and mash. The bitterness is just the way i want it. I forgot to mention it was no chilled so the IBU is prob a bit higher.

Edit: I agree the saaz late addition gave this beer a very floral aroma as it was. But Im gonna make another one the same recipe but late hop it more and dry hop it with Saaz. Just because.

Sounds like, to be really comprehensive, this topic can be broken into a couple of different sections that could produce different results:
  • Dry Hopping before end of fermentation into Primary
  • Dry Hopping after fermentation into Primary
  • Dry Hopping after fermentation into Secondary
  • Dry Hopping after fermentation into Secondary using hop bag or tea bag method(wet)
After this then there is the usual discussions of weight, time length and types but depending on the 4 methods, it could produce a lot of different flavours.

??

Back