AHB Wiki: Balancing A Draught System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
works fine here..... you need to enable editing first in excel, maybe that's it?

Thanks, worked it out. Your right Regulator, need editing enabled.

Cheers jim

does it matter if the line is coiled up? I have to coil them up in my fridge due to lack of space and huge amounts of grain

does it matter if the line is coiled up? I have to coil them up in my fridge due to lack of space and huge amounts of grain

Not at all and some people don't even get that choice due to limited space.

Edit: I believe you do need to avoid kinking the lines though.

I use the curly hose picnic tap to conserve space (and limit my clumsiness' ability to step on something/break something).

I balance as per normal using the spreadsheet and no issues, other than the last 1/4 kg being a little more carbonated.

Goomba

I got sick of having 10+M of beer tubing in my keg fridge

so went with shank mounted flow controllers

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=820442

Not the cheapest solution, but they do in fact rock :)

Means I now have the bare minimum tubing inside the fridge and I can dial the flow back/forth at a whim

I think, at the end of the day, purchasing perlick's for 30$ from the US, + the controllers is actually cheaper than going for Celli taps

Could somebody please help me, I don't have exel, could you dial in 5mm lines with a head height of 0.5m and something like 80kpa and give me a line length...

Thankyou so very much :)

Could somebody please help me, I don't have exel, could you dial in 5mm lines with a head height of 0.5m and something like 80kpa and give me a line length...

Thankyou so very much :)
For a serving temp of 4 degrees, you will need 1.13 mtrs. The table doesn't do mm only inches, I input 3/16" (4.79mm)

Razz your a champ!!!

there is a version in page 2 that has the 5mm option in it, and my serve temp is 6*C....

thankyou :)

Edit: updated excel spreadsheet in post #25

hahaha thats handy, i ordered 12m of 5mm for 6 taps and plumbed it all up, expecting to cut them down, but thats just worked out nicely....cheers for ya help Razz

Would it possible to insert one of these John Guest type inline ball valves and control the resistance without having to cut line to a
predetermined length ? JG Ball valve 2.png

bad idea as it will only lead to a glass of head. by reducing the id of the pipe your just asking for the gas to come back out of solution.
i have two of these ones that you can by if you want
Compensator - Quick Fit 3/8"

Re-balancing the kegerator today....

Initially it came with very long beer lines, and poured good beer... then I got sick of the long lines in the fridge, ordered Perlick flow control taps, and cut the lines back ultra short. Probably not a great idea... was okay for me, but guests (and my wife) struggle to come to grips with the flow control aspect of the Perlicks, and consequently bad beers are being poured and fun times are not being had.

I'd much rather have longer, coiled up lines in the fridge and good beer experiences, than vice versus.

Back