AHB Strava Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really weight loss for me. Keeping weight in check sure, fitness - definitely.

Been a very slack 6-9 months, but after summer ends that often happens.

Now is the time to start getting back out there, just got to find the time (and motivation).

I suppose I should join this :) I don't ride to lose weight I've been a constant 77-78 kg

me_zps3ff4d8e8.jpg

3 years ago and now, 34kgs lost, the power of bike riding :)

cheers matho
edit: thats mountain bike riding, no lycra here :p

Just joined the strava group. Been using it for over a year now. ended up with 3500km last year all in the bush, no bitumen for me. I needed some form of exercise that I wouldn't give up on after a while like most I have tried in the past. MTB seems to keep me interested enough to keep at it.

Well done matho that's a huge change!

Got my 10,000km ridden and 110,000m climbed for 2014. Which was one of my goals for the year. Also ticked over the 30kg weight lost mark. 118.9 to now 88.5kg. Also set myself a goal to go up my local hill (Mt Gravatt) in less than 7mins. Did 6.43 on New Years eve after a few 7.01, 7.02, 7.03 attempts.

May start racing crits this year if I can rebuild my carbon bike. Got myself a custom geo titanium this year, which is just an awesome bike, but would prefer to race a lighter more aero carbon job.

Also looking to fix up the MTB to get some more trails in this year.

Best of luck to everyone riding this year and keep the rubber side down.

My stats are not as good as yours argon, 1650 Kms and 31000m climbed, I started using strava in April, so not the whole year. 98% of it was on dirt :)

Man, my stats from last year were pitiful. 896km's travelled and 2977 metres climbed.

We did have a baby last year and that destroyed most of the biking for 2014. Baby didn't sleep well at all (still isn't) so it was hard to be up for 2-3 hours in a night and then cycle an hour into work. Definitely looking to get back on the bike this year and finally crank out 2000 km's in one year. Doesn't sound like much compared to others stats... he he

I only started road biking 3 months ago. But will be aiming for 5000km this year. I enjoying bike riding on the country roads and keeps me fit for footy.

Not strictly Strava, but this may be of interest to any cyclists, cycling fans, or just fans of endurance stuff generally.

In a couple of days my cousin is about to start a world record attempt at cycling the Pan-American Highway. It's 22,000km from Ushuaia in Argentina to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. The current record is 117 days and five hours. Dean's aiming for 110 days.

He's doing it for charity, trying to raise GBP1million for Heads Together, a mental health awareness charity which seems to be similar to Beyond Blue. Sounds like they're about 1/3 of the way there.

Tracking will be available through the main website https://www.pah18.com/, and plenty of background info is also on their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pah2018/

They've put 20 months of planning, training and fundraising into this...it's already been a huge effort.

Latest posts

Back