Ahb Site Demographic

• Thread starter macca
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Method do you use to make beer.

• All Grain Mashing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partial mash

• Can kits and kilo etc

• Total voters
M

macca

Hi Ive just come over from the Country Brewer Forum and Id like to know the breakdown of brewing techniques on this site. Thanks for your time.

Thankyou,

Macca

macca said:
Hi Ive just come over from the Country Brewer Forum and Id like to know the breakdown of brewing techniques on this site. Thanks for your time.

Thankyou,

Macca
[post="51468"][/post]​

Hi Macca I think that we have most types of brewers here, I was a K&Ker when I first came here, slowly moved to partials or extract brews, and have NO intention of moving up to all grain, YET

Normell

Macca, welcome aboard.
I don't like to seem unhelpful this early on in your time at AHB, but that's a big ask.
With, what, 850+ members it may take a while for your poll to get a representative sample.
You may need to bring it to the top every now and then.

Brewing??? I thought the was Armenian Halal Butchers.

seriously, you only joined today, take some time to scope out the place. Read all the airlocked articles, read John Palmer's fantastic book, and pretty soon you'll be realising that draught isnt a style of beer at all :)

There is a wealth of information already here, so dont be afraid to use the search function, and a wealth of smart people who are only too happy to help a dedicated brewer.

Thanks for the welcome. Im going to make friends with the search button for about a month. I see you all soon.

Macca

Good one Macca, see ya around the site!

Hi guys, Im both a mash brewer and a Kit and Extract kind of guy. Depends on how I feel on the day.

Thought I'd drag this out for the newer members to vote on. :D

It's interesting that 5 of 11 posts in this thread are from banned users.

I do a mix of AG, extract (not kit) and FWK depending on time availability.

Cans of goo....for now.... but I'm creeping towards AG :)

I do all of the above depending on how much time I have. Playing cricket in Sumemr and soccer in Winter doesn't leave a whole lot of time for brewing. Getting a full mash in tomorrow as I have a day off.

Josh... man up !! Otherwise we'll have to seriously reconsider your membership to this site :D

(Just stirring)

Mika the 25kg bag of JW Pils malt in the back room is causing concern for the missus because I have had to eradicate the house of 3 mice since I got it. Maybe I will have to get serious about my brewing in the coming weeks? For her sake naturally.

I brew nothing but AG these days. I brewed kits (mostly modified) for around 6 years before I just decided to step it up. I did 2 partials and then it was straight into the AG stuff. Never looked back! I remember a quote from a beer book (can't remember the title but may be Amber and Black) that said one day you wake up a full mash brewer. And I think that's what happened to me.

Josh said:
Mika the 25kg bag of JW Pils malt in the back room is causing concern for the missus because I have had to eradicate the house of 3 mice since I got it. Maybe I will have to get serious about my brewing in the coming weeks? For her sake naturally.
[post="122195"][/post]​

Josh.

Word to the wise mate... That happened to me when I bought my first bag of grain. Put the bag in a plastic rubbish bin with a snap-shut lid. Or some form of storage container. ;)

They tunnel through the bag otherwise and have an absolute party. I come home to discover this once. A hole in the bag and a pile of empty grain husks on the garage floor. <_<

Never leave a naked bag sitting around. :ph34r:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back