Status
Not open for further replies.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
Fellow Brewers,

Just a friendly reminder on the guidelines for this forum:
AHB Moderation Guidelines

It would be appreciated if we could collectively drop the profanity including the f and c bombs within threads and posts... this forum is accessible to many, and increased counts of profanity may also effect members access at work (noting work IT restrictions on language on certain sites, etc). Not that we would ever log into ahb at work... ;)

I know I have been known to drop a few f bombs here and there too in the past - and I will be making a concerted effort to ensure this does not happen again. I improlore you to join me in this cause.

Brew on young (but over 18) and old, and all those in between! :icon_cheers:

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
*rotflmfao*

Gotta be a troll doesn't it?

If not....

Good luck with your crusade

:lol:

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
The Mods are indeed watching. B)

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Hope this rule dont apply to chat.......if it does, we are all FCUKED :lol:

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
By golly, we all have to talk in terms of ounces of dogs bollocks and ostrich beaks if this were to pass.

I say boo to the polka dotted hosiery encased parakeet smugglers and carry on prof(castrinating).

PS: Fritz and his henchman Steve can apply their suction skills to some ostrich beaks.

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Fellow Brewers,

It would be appreciated if we could collectively drop the profanity including the f and c bombs within threads and posts... this forum is accessible to many, and increased counts of profanity may also effect members access at work (noting work IT restrictions on language on certain sites, etc). Not that we would ever log into ahb at work... ;)

I know I have been known to drop a few f bombs here and there too in the past - and I will be making a concerted effort to ensure this does not happen again. I improlore you to join me in this cause.
The rule actually states that only an "unacceptable amount of offensive language" is liable to be deleted at a moderator's discretion. This implies that there is always an acceptable amount.

I will do my fucken best to ensure I don't go over my swears-per-post quota.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
Cunny funt thanks Glen

pbrosnan

Reaction score
Fellow Brewers,

Watch it fellas, this stinks of a Chief Wiggum style sting operation.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
Toning back is certainly my plan, I emplore you to join me.

Edit - or have I just opened up a massive can of worms? :mellow:

tallie

Reaction score
or have I just opened up a massive can of worms? :mellow:
This, I think ^^^

I don't beleive in magic words myself, but even if I did, I don't think it would be practical to moderate in the long run given the nature of the forum.

Cheers,
tallie

bum

Not entitled to an opinion
Reaction score
Toning back is certainly my plan, I emplore you to join me.

Edit - or have I just opened up a massive can of worms? :mellow:
No, that is a reasonable enough aim - particularly in the few threads that are actually about improving people's brewing. However, you did ask that the swearing be "dropped" and indicated that the site T&Cs backed up that request - that is all I have taken issue with (tongue firmly in cheek, of course).

Can I still say "tongue"?

Oh! And "cheek"?

RdeVjun

Reaction score
Watch it fellas, this stinks of a Chief Wiggum style sting operation.
Lolled!
Jeezus, now I've heard it all raven, tone down the language so folks can surf AHB at work? About the only ones who would have a legitimate care factor are the handful of pros and sponsors, I doubt the latter would GAF.
Gold star for you mate, tops my list. :rolleyes:

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Las cucarachas tienen yoour cajones grandes.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
lol look how long they moderated the chat for! And yes you have opened a can of worms like the chat we just riffled off swear words till we got booted lol. Least then we found out which ones we cant use. Thats been long gone thank god as it was a bit boring when cocko couldnt call every one a c word lol

Murcluf

The Mystical Meerkat
Reaction score
Fellow Brewers,

I totally agree with you Brad, but then again you may want to clean up the other forum you moderate with a topic dedicated to dropping the "C bomb" and hanging shit on AHBer's in the comfort of their own little world (members only shout box). Mind you as a South Australian I don't want to be tarred with the same brush as those **** wits who have Brew Adelaide in there signitures and troll the shit out of other AHB members. I feel sorry for Nige's business side of the BA forum, as the main reason I don't purchase from him is the because he habours and encourages such fuckwit behaviour.

The irony is AMB got casticated for pulling up people for being fwits and they complained and it all went pear shaped. Now the same fwit behaviour threatens another forum linked LHBS. All I can say is well done shitheads thanks for ******* it up for everyone else again and again and agiain and again and agiain and again and agiain and again and agiain and again and agiain and again and agiain You dip shits make being South Australian very ******* embarassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no this not an over use exclamation mark, I've just had a gut full of your bullshit!!!!

said what I had to say!
Carry on regardless!!!!

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
I find swearing bogan and agree with everything in the OP. It reminds me of a time on the forum "back in the good old days" I complained about someone calling someone else an arsehole would you believe........ is this progress or are we are devo.

-Browndog

mwd

Awful Ale Apprentice
Reaction score
+1 Browndog cussing and swearing has no place on a brewing forum we get enough of that on Mrs Brown's Boys.
If you cannot make a point without dropping the bad words you are obviously a Bogan dumbwit.

At one time you would never get it on prime time TV but now I noticed they had a movie on Channel 7 at lunch time full of four letter words. No wonder three year olds are foul mouthed brats.

Nick JD

Blah Blah Blah
Reaction score
Censorship is to art as lynching is to justice.

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
well obviously the people that say that dropping swear words work in offices with management close by. Gee my mum works for the government and she swears more then I do lol. I dont see it a problem really maybe if your religious or something but FFS its a forum about making and drinking beer you think people here are going to be sober all the time?? and drinking increases the swearing as we all know.

Even my neighbour is religious and he doesnt care about it. Well maybe he does and knows I will tell him to get fucked if he said its againts his religion and I would also say the same if he tried to convert me but I respect his views and I expect to get respected the same back. I dont swear around the kids or in there home but at work or in my house I believe its my right if I feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts