ahb language police

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways.....the yanks never have got the jist of the english language.......

AHH STRAYA where we:

37541617.jpg

Somebody is drunk.

And really, this place has been a barren wasteland for since before I joined. I unfortunately only realised this after I joined and found out half the stickies and useful things I was reading were written by members who had long since moved on.

I disagree with censorship. Forum moderation should not be based on the occasional swear word but on content quality and the way people treat each other.

So much irrelevant shit passes the board sans modding yet a '****' is worthy of a reprimand? Please no.

manticle said:
So much irrelevant shit passes the board sans modding yet a '****' is worthy of a reprimand? Please no.
Is that really the case though? CM2, what exactly are you referring to?

I've used the F word in a non aggressive way twice in the last few days and it's still there.

if I start a new forum and try to make some $$ will you guys all come and click on the links for me (I might need bum and wolfy's assistance though)

Florian said:
Is that really the case though?
Not sure and happy to reserve judgement - just outlining my general position. I was warned about language by the old site owners too in a way I thought was a bit stupid.

Soooo, you can't say ****?
Or ****??
Shit, that's fucked.

I choose not to participate in this thread.

Mods, please delete my post.

American: I'd love you if I were inclined that way.

I have a PhD majoring in I Told You So.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/72643-aussiehomebrewer-moves-to-group-builder/?p=1039358

And the reply from the new owners:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/72643-aussiehomebrewer-moves-to-group-builder/?p=1039453

EDIT: let me quote the new owners just for everyone who won't click:

Nope, not going to happen. We're not here to be a disruption. The rules last week are the rules next week. The only change we will be making is updating software and fixing issues.

I understand people are hesitant, and it will take some time for you to learn this, but I mean what I say and say what I mean. No changes means no changes.

I think George W Bush might be the owner of AHB. Mission Accomplished.

Dirty liars.

Just swap to a mix of cockney and rhyming slang, which is indecipherable by shermans.

Cupid stunts.

Oh yeah, and I said in the original thread that I was going to use strong language if the profanity filter was put in place.

So here's the obligitory, THERE IS NO "U" IN HONOUR WHERE YOU FUCKERS LIVE.

images.jpegI can see this thread growing into the best so far this year,I'll take screenshots for posterity.

Except warnings for using profanities existed under the old owners Nick so it's not as dramatic a change as you make out.

I think it's not good to express racism against Americans and displays us in a very bad light, they have their own desperate problems and should be supported in their crisis dealing with the collapse of their own country, show a little charity guys. The new owners don't need to read ignorant criticism not founded in visibly demonstrated fact.

Camden.jpg

Where have I changed the rules? Please point out the post.

I think a few of you are just using my being an American to foster whatever delusion you need in order to dislike me. Believe it or not Americans curse as much as the rest of thew world and I think some of you may have some delusions presented to you by your media, or a friend of a friend who had an interaction with American at some point.

Go ahead and tell me how this isn't some jingoistic bullshit and I'll hear you out. All the references to my countries puritanical origins make it sure seem that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back