Ahb Beer Glasses - Time To Decide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok Beer Shortlist - Vote!

• Cervoise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nonic

• Linz

• Weizen

• Conique

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
barfridge said:
I agree, we need glasses (as long as they're not boring nonics, I can steal them from the local pub).
[post="57145"][/post]​
Yeah I'm with you on that one Jeff, I've got a pile of Nonics from.........certain places here & there.......... ;)

I bet NONE of them have an AHB logo on them...and I don't have any nonics...8 middie sized dimple mugs and 10 middie glasses from K-mart

Linz said:
I bet NONE of them have an AHB logo on them...and I don't have any nonics...8 middie sized dimple mugs and 10 middie glasses from K-mart
[post="57209"][/post]​

Linz,

U need to make of friend of your local bottlo dude. They will give U glasses. U may have to buy some beer first, buut make it something good.

BTW, how was the pub crawl 4 U? I reckon it was a great birthday present 4 me!

Seth

'word up' barfridge & goat... nonnic schmonic..

I want something Iconoclastic ;)

would drinking beer out of a milk shake glass be iconaclastic?
It sure is making a mockery of my religion doing such a thing!

At this stage any glass will be great as long as it says AHB.

The song remains the same
Jayse

Iconoclastic and yet somehow barbaric. Also perfect for those cloudy beers.

Put me down for one of these. B)

Warren -

skull_stein_closed_b.jpg

More serious note.

Nonics as popular and workman-like as they are seem to reek a little of cheapness and as stated by many others are pretty common these days.

I'm all for a pint glass of some sort. Couple of years ago I managed to get hold of a very nice English pint glass. It's the real deal manufactured by Dema of the UK.

At the time Mister Minit were selling them with those crappy pewter plaques on them with stuff like Happy 21st and World's Horniest dad <_< on them.

Saw they had one plain unbutchered one available. Bastards let me have it, not before charging me the full price of $23 for it though. Unfortunately since then they seem to sell a less-robust more standardized pint glass. (but charge the same price of course).

Anyway if these can still be found they'd make a very nice AHB glass that's a little more heavy and classier looking.

Weight is 800g as opposed to the Nonic's 300g. They hold one imperial pint (570ml) exactly.

Worth a thought? Only thing is I'm not sure if anybody distributes them here anymore. I've kept my eye open though.

Warren -

ICAM0008a.jpg

Here's a pic swiped from Terry Foster's original Pale Ale Classic Styles book.

Very semi-pissed looking English chappie using the very same one as well. Obviously they're quite traditional somewhere along the line. :)

Warren -

lastscan.jpg

That style is called (at least in the UK) "Tudors" or "Tudor Tankards". They used to be a pretty common choice in half-pint size for beer festivals.

Thanks for the info Shawn. :)

I'd like to find a couple more. They're my fav. English pint glasses. I'd definitely take a couple with the AHB logo on them. :D

Warren -

Actually,

Disregard all that. I've just done some research and discovered that Dema Glass Manufacturers UK. Have been closed down (went bust) since 2001. :(

Wonder if anybody else makes them now.

Warren -

Geeeewhiz the nonic is getting a pasting around here. The nonic is my favourite glass. The little ridge stops it from slipping out of your hand. And Andy Capp drinks from one. It would be hard to improve on a no-nonsense nonic with an AHB logo on it for mine.

Go the nonic...

No Quarter (but will settle for anything with "AHB" on it) deebee

Aha! This is another one I've been looking for. German style by Rastal.

This one really looks the biz. :super:

Warren -

classic.jpg

Or this!

C'mon Nonics are a dollar a dozen! Let's go for class in glass. This one's also a little iconoclastic :D

Warren -

trapezseidel.jpg

C'mon there Warren, the poll has spoken! Us working class types here in Newcastle dream of drinking out of something as classy as a nonic... as we settle down to another night in our shoebox in t' middle of t' road :lol: :lol:

Go the AHB nonics...

Shawn.

I like the nonics because they hold a lot and are light, cannot stand the heavy glasses with handles.

Only thing with the nonics now is I have a stack so would be happy with anything different. Even the half pint nonics would be good with my full pint ones...

Shoebox in the middle of the road?

Luxury :lol:

Warren -

I agree slugger. As good as the notion of a heavy glass with handles seems like a good idea, I hate holding onto them and the thick rim does not make for pleasant drinking. I too would prefer a nonic (I don't have any) or a nice tall wheat beer pint glass with flared stable base.
For something different I would even go for an Aventinus style glass although I have never seen them on any of the glassware sites. However I might try to get one (purchase) at this years octoberfest. Love the drink and the glass. And will look good next to my schnieder original galss.

Borret :blink:

avent_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back