AHB Articles: Ice in wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the discussion topic for article: Ice in wort

Yeah it's a great idea....................make sure you get the water from your dunny and freeze that................same difference!

wouldnt you post this on the forum for one? and for 2 you cannot cool liquid threw a plate chiller lower then ambient?? so maybe you can drop the ambient of the chiller??

How you ask??

put the chiller in the ice this is dropping the ambient and will drop your temp faster. Or you could attach some fans it will get it below ambient but not as much as being submerged in ice. Also you wont get any nasties in your beer (except for the ones in the plate chiller if you have not cleaned and sanitised it properly)

i know im jumping straight off topic but what i use when i actually chill is an old miracle box i picked up for free. i just chill the wort as far as it will go with an immersian chiller then switch the hose to run thriough the miracle box full of ice into the chiller and that will knock the last few degres off. the box ive got i wouldnt run beer through because its old and grotty as, its actually in a rusty old metal esky, but im sure a similiar effect could be had with a coil of copper in an esky full of ice. if using a cfc or plate i guess you could run the water through the ice box from the start for a similiar result.

he did post this ont eh forum a few days ago and DID get response, none of which was 'google it' and its quite silly that its posted AGAIN in a different format. Whats he trying to pull... Also, I notice its a 1 post account. wtf!! Creating new accounts to post the same questions!! He must really think people on here are dumb.

Besides all that, he didn't even bother altering his language or masking the question, its almost verbatim the same question.

ok so maybe I have posted this in the wrong place.... freakin noob!

Back