• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

AHB App - Gone

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
Now that the app has gone, is it going to be replaced?

And what security concerns were there? This came right out of the blue.

Tapatalk is shit, but it least you could still use it on your phone. I rarely look on my computer and mostly just use my phone, won't be the only one I'm sure.

beer gut

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
I use my phone 99% of the time when visiting AHB and use my phone’s browser. I tried the app once and found the web based platform through the browser easier to use.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
I use my phone 99% of the time when visiting AHB and use my phone’s browser. I tried the app once and found the web based platform through the browser easier to use.
Yeah, personally, I find the app easier to use, because then it brings up all the new posts in one spot. Anyway, I'll just have to only look on the puter.

M

Meddo_As_A_Guest

Can't post a new thead as a guest so posting here. Can't log in since the upgrade yesterday. No error messages, just doesn't log in after submitting credentials. I'm registered for 2FA, no entry screen shown for 2FA credentials.

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clear cookies for this forum. Refresh screen, try logging in again.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
I'm talking about the iPhone app?

You can't refresh cookies that I can find

Meddo

Reaction score
I'm talking about the iPhone app?

You can't refresh cookies that I can find
That response from admin was to a guest post from me yesterday - I couldn't log in to the new version with 2FA through a browser. Not sure why my post wasn't shown, would make things a bit clearer.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
That response from admin was to a guest post from me yesterday - I couldn't log in to the new version with 2FA through a browser. Not sure why my post wasn't shown, would make things a bit clearer.
Hahaha, yeah that would make more sense. I cannot see it!

broseo

Reaction score
Thought the app was amazing, used it all the time. Upvote for replacing.

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To make a direct link icon on your phone. One click and you're on the site.

For those on an android phone.
1. Go to Chrome mobile browser.
2. Type in the forum name and pull it up.
3. Log in.
4. Look at top of forum page on right for 3 vertical dots

For iPhone, click the icon on the bottom of the screen, center of the page as if you were saving a file and you can add to your home screen.

Either of these will create a link on your phone home screen. Then you will just need to touch it and open the forum.
Whatever page you are on when you save, that is what you will open up to.

Madscientist86

Reaction score
I use to come here multiple times a day with tapatalk, now with the clunky website, once a week. A million others are still using tapatalk, i brew beer, i don't have state secrets to keep safe. Can i vote to bring back tapatalk

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
I use to come here multiple times a day with tapatalk, now with the clunky website, once a week. A million others are still using tapatalk, i brew beer, i don't have state secrets to keep safe. Can i vote to bring back tapatalk
yeah the same. It will probably just drop of the list of things I do as it’s too hard and shit

contrarian

Reaction score
The mobile site really is painful in comparison to the app. I really only use the site when I'm at a computer now which is far less often.

marc280

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened too. I used the app all the time and found it better to navigate than tapatalk or the mobile browser. Hope it does get replaced.

marc280

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
So for anyone who hasn't followed the instructions above from AHB_admin, I recommend doing so. I seems to work better than just a standard mobile browser Page and is a good substitute for the app.

Blackman

Reaction score
Not getting any notification that the app was shut down was disappointing. I mucked around for a week or two thinking it was my devices or account, even deleted and reinstalled the app before emailing admin. They were quick to respond though, with directions as above and explained why the app had been shut down.

bigmacthepunker

Reaction score
Not getting any notification that the app was shut down was disappointing. I mucked around for a week or two thinking it was my devices or account, even deleted and reinstalled the app before emailing admin. They were quick to respond though, with directions as above and explained why the app had been shut down.
me too

AHB_Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We would have liked to give a heads up, but if we had waited and done that for 24 to 48 hours, the possible security issue may have been used. Then everyone would have been bummed out.
1. The post about it being taken down should have shown in the Yesterday's Forum Activity email and shown on New Posts.
2. The thread about it should have shown in the Yesterday's Forum Activity email and the New Posts if you logged in by mobile browser or laptop.
3. It's been being discussed here as seen above, and those that have used Contact Us have had a reasonably quick response explaining it.

Last edited:

Latest posts