AHA Big Brew Day May 4th.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Yep, on again, this year its the 4th o' May. Recipes are yet to be revealed, but unless its something horrid like a pumpkin ale I think we can handle it.
Let me know if you want to bring your rig along and I'll see if I can organise some sort of water filter to combat the hippo pool water that Urban Utilities says is good for us'
Must be time for more wheatbix beer hey Campbell?????

Do you have a 15amp outlet Perry?

Batz

Batz said:
Do you have a 15amp outlet Perry?

Batz
Sure do, we'll have to share but it'll work.

I can put another in for you if you need....

Gryphon Brewing said:
I read this expecting an Australasia wide AHB brew day, I am disappointed. :mellow:
Nev
Sorry Nev, its a Seppo thing thats been going for a while (gradually getting global).

smokomark said:
It's on the 4th of May isn't it Perry?
Correct! good to see somebodys paying attention :unsure:

Bloody hangover....

Fixed date as requested Perry B)

We should just stick with noon... ;)

Is there some link I could go to read up on this or is it just as simple as everyone goes to Perry's house with their rigs and we stagger people brewing throughout the day?

Or do we just drink all of his beer? ;)

aydos said:
Is there some link I could go to read up on this or is it just as simple as everyone goes to Perry's house with their rigs and we stagger people brewing throughout the day?

Or do we just drink all of his beer? ;)
Simple as that but better for your general wellbeing to bring a keg or whatever for good luck. :beerbang:
Don't forget to prostrate arse-up yourself before The Great Winkle Mashtun for good kama. :lol:

I'll wack up the recipes as soon as those bludgers in the States post them up, however the deals is off if the recipe is for a Chelada :icon_vomit:

I should be able to come along if nothing goes wrong. Guess I'll leave my rig at home if Batz is bringing his, suits me fine and am also keen to see the 50L in action.

What's the go, is this some sort of shared brew, eg everyone chipping in on ingredients or whatever? I might volunteer on hops pending variety.

I was just going to do the "brew your own" thing.
Batz may be interested in splitting his 50 L though, dunno about anyone else. If I upgrade my kettle by then, I may be up for a split batch.

May is in my work time of the year, don't plan to heavily on me being there.

Batz said:
May is in my work time of the year, don't plan to heavily on me being there.

I just went to pencil this in on our calender, and found I'll be in Burrum Heads for a 50th birthday.
Sorry possums can't make it, you all have a good one.

Batz

NickB said:
We should just stick with noon... ;)

If you blokes stick with a noon day toast, we'll raise our glasses to you Queenslanders on the 4th May. The original Australian IBUs (down here in the Illawarra) hold a big brew day each year called Ray's Big Brew Day, in Bulli - always a cracker with brewing gear everywhere. Love to come to Winkle's but otherwise locally occupied.

I read the heading as "AHB Big Brew Day"

Sounds like a good idea ;)

Back