Age of Empires II re-released in HD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I had a health scare recently and needed a CT of the brain to check for tumours or other sinister causes of head pressure.
Today I got the wonderful news that this bloody thing that's been ruining my life for the last 6 months is actually a neck muscle problem so off to the gym / masseur. I'm going to live! Unless you've been in that situation you have no idea how great that feels. Whooossshh.

However after I stopped shaking and thanking Allah for his mercy I got some even better news.....

Age of Empires II is being released next month in proper 1080p format with extra features. I still play it nearly every day, the only reason I still have a desktop. To play the old version on Windows7 I have to go into task manager and disable explorer.exe otherwise the colours display corruptly, this fixes all the problems.

Now that is what I call wonderful news.

What a great day, I may have a drink to celebrate :lol:

And my liver enzymes are good, it wasn't liver cancer which had spread to the brain so **** you Dr Google and Selfdiagnosis.com. :huh:

I can't tell if your happier about your doctors report or your new software version, glad to hear about the former it's good that it's easily correctable.
Sorry to say i couldn't care less about the latter, I really dislike that game!

Sorry to break the news to you Bribie, but you are not going to live through it all. You, like the rest of us, are going to die.

NobodyMakesItOutPunkin

Suncorp (Funeral plan) hopes it won't be soon :lol:

Age of Empires 2 in HD is amazing, bought it today.

Best feature is that the population level has been boosted to 500 from the previous cap of 200 so you can launch armies of hundreds at the enemies whilst still having a couple of hundred villagers doing their thing as well.

aoe 1.jpg

aoe 2.jpg

Edit: and it's all through "steam" so there's an online multiplayer thingo happening all the time. Might have to give up eating, sleeping and home brewing. :unsure:

Online multiplayer is laggy and full of glitches.
Also, everybody is better than me :(

Amazing what muscle problems can do. I had persistant headaches for weeks, turned out the the trapezius muscle was full of knots. Got that sorted, headaches went away almost instantly. Due to sitting in front a computer all day with terrible posture (I do try), I get problems like this in my back, neck and arms from time to time. I've learned how to massages the knots away myself now, and it is surprisingly easy.

Glad to hear you're all good Bribie. :)

Thanks, a lot of the pressure in the head is, I'm sure, sinusitis as well. Will need to get that checked.

Only the other day I was thinking about what a great game AOE2 was and that I should dig out my old copy and start playing.
Downloading the HD edition now.

Thanks Bribie G and congrats on your good news.

One of the cool things about the new release is that you can have 500 units, so you can create amazing cities as well.

aoe 3.jpg

Probably a collectors item by now.

edit; are you keeping up with bad hairstyles, bad hairstyles are keeping up with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember one thing in particular about AOEII

"how do you turn this on"

cars!!!!

Haha. Yea, way too impatient, end up blitzing with the cars. Call it the angry birds syndrome.

Bloody hell.

Am I as old as that guy?

Found my old C64 a while back in my parents garage. Plugged it in to an old TV and fired it up...nothing. I guess sitting in a dusty garage for 30 years wasn't good for it. :(

black_labb said:
I remember one thing in particular about AOEII

"how do you turn this on"

cars!!!!
furious the monkey boy, hey I'll have to see if that still works.

furious the monkey boy.jpg

yup all still good :lol:

I wish they brought it out for the iPad. That game is awesome. I just brought an iPad and its the only game I wanted for it.

Back