Ag Vs Extract Vs Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely MAH!

I've got a phil mill rip-off from ESB, and although its a beauty, Its struggling with the abuse I give it by running 10kg's of grain through it with an electric drill.... :rolleyes:
The brass bushed are beginning to shag out...

once it dies I'm upgrading to the crankandstein

Asher for now...

For those interested Fred Francis from Crankstein offered to do me a discount as well (off the top of my head it was 5 or 10%) if you buy three mills. Plus that way postage comes out a bit cheaper per mill too. So if there are a couple of other brewers you know after mills that would go in with you this would be a good option.

Also, Bob from Barely Crusher was really helpful and I ended up going that way. I'm pretty happy with my mill.

Cheers. JD

when i was looking into grain mills - i could get 5 % disc on 3 mills and 10% disc on 5 mills from http://www.barleycrusher.com/

and postage was cheaper...

When importing stuff by surface mail, it does take a while. The time frame for barleycrusher was quoted 4-6 weeks, took close to twelve weeks to arrive.

If I had money to spare, I would definitely want to buy an optioned 3 roller crankandstein.

in answer to Jase's original question, let me just say this...

my wife NEVER drinks my homebrew (k+k). my last 3 brew have all been partial mashes and now she asks me for a beer all the time, which isn't that great for my stocks, but a compliment never-the-less. Also, can't recommend highly enough using liquid yeast!! even makes a kit beer taste good.
that's just my two cents worth

I got A barley crusher an dvery happy with it and they were very good with replying to email i would highly reconmend them to any one i also had them delivy mine to a hotel in the usa were my parent bought it back for me costing only 95 usd for the mill body and delivery asn i have made the rest of parts so they will sell the body part and it is not that big

Latest posts

Back