Ag Setup So Far

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
well heres my effort so far.knocked up the frame with what i could scrounge so its not my ideal setup .still got a tap and some temp gauges to put in .havent welded in the sub frames for the gas burners as the local hardware havent any 3-4 ring burners in at the moment.when i get my immersion heater i think i will run it this way for a few batches to get a feel for what ive made. the wort chiller is made up just not in the photo.will probably have to do what batz has done and run a pre coil through an esky of slurry ice water to get the water temp down as up here the water is pretty warm.

reckon i might call it the evolution brewery as i havent even ran it and already im thinking of new improvements.
i hope it will evolve next year into a level system at a good working height.
wish list of mag drive pump and counter flow chiller and maybe even a newer looking keg or two rather than the old model ive got now.old galv outer skin kegs.but at least they are very big.

cheers
big d

evolution_brewery_001.jpg

Looking good big d , take sometime does'nt it , I am still at it , waiting for a couple of bits then it's all go

looking good big d
is that a harley i spot in the corner?
lucky bugger to have a ag setup and a harley.

cheers
crackers

sure is crackers
original fatboy.
thats where i got the sudden brain spike and thought of the evolution brewery name.like the harley motor--evolution--which is what the company has been doing for 100 years---evolving.theyve even got that water cooled motor out now. <_<

very cleaver name.

ive always like the fatboys, although the new 2004 roadking custom looks good.
couldnt afford one so i went down the classifieds and brought a honda.

harley is still going to happen one day.

cheers
crackers

big d said:
sure is crackers
original fatboy.
thats where i got the sudden brain spike and thought of the evolution brewery name.like the harley motor--evolution--which is what the company has been doing for 100 years---evolving.theyve even got that water cooled motor out now. <_<
Evolution > Darwin > Arnhemland.
That fits too :)

Great setup Bigd - I'm regretting you wont be at the PDO (Perth day out), with that sort of setup I would expect to taste some pretty amazing product !!!!

What is the insulating material around the kettle ?

Nice setup big d.
I'm still dreamin' about the day i get something like that. Make me feel good to see brew buildings sprouting.. B) B)

just finished reading mashing, in the palmer book. Cant wait to start making my ag setup. Sounds easy but......... ofcourse its not.

Any ideas where to start? ( getting burner for christmas)

Wedge

Good luck wedge , you doing partials at present?
I've been working on my AG for what seems like months , collecting all the gear takes time.
And some money involved
It's gunna be great !!

did i few simple one with the grumpys. Did the Kilkenny. Turned out good. But i guess if i was honest
even though it was a partial, all it really is, is a long boil (with hops, grain and lme). No sparging etc.

Where can i get some good partial recipes. The hoogarden the grumpy show looks interesting

Wedge

hey batz,
putting it all together does seem to be taking forever, although i have only been working on it for about a week. another few days at "work" should allow enough time to finish it off.

big d,
great set-up. the hand made ones always get a bit of extra care
joe

Nice going BigD, looks like you are making sure you are nice and organised for your first AG. I've gone the opposite way and jumped in :D ... pretty sure you will be happy with the results when you get it fired up :p

Bigd looking good.
My first all grain was a 'chook feeding' bucket. A burner and kettle.
And a dodgey C.F.C made with a c/c cube.

JAYSE

Back