AG Ginger Beer...?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to put this brew down yesterday. Had a quick taste whilst taking an OG and pitching yeast this morning, at this stage it tastes beautifully balanced - a subtle ginger taste but the lemon is also easily identifiable. I would say the ginger is on the low end of the scale at this stage but as it sits on 300g of finely grated ginger for the next week or 2 and as the sweetness is fermented I expect it should be about right (for my tastes anyway) . I will report back with a taste test when the time comes.

Conscious of MartinOC's advice I changed the grain bill slightly but as I said before I am very low on ingredients and are using up the dregs hence the odd measurements:

Ginger Beer
Original Gravity (OG): 1.038 (°P): 9.5
Final Gravity (FG): 1.007 (°P): 1.8
Alcohol (ABV): 4.01 %
Colour (SRM): 5.6 (EBC): 11.0
Bitterness (IBU): 0.0 (Average)
50.04% Wheat Malt
28.76% Carahell
17.26% Honey
3.94% Pale Ale Malt

0.1 g/L Ginger Root @ 30 Minutes (Boil)
14.3 g/L Ginger Root @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
9.5 g/L Lemon @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
Single step Infusion at 70°C for 45 Minutes. Boil for 30 Minutes
Fermented at 20°C with US05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

xa_jg66 said:
Finally got a chance to put this brew down yesterday. Had a quick taste whilst taking an OG and pitching yeast this morning, at this stage it tastes beautifully balanced - a subtle ginger taste but the lemon is also easily identifiable. I would say the ginger is on the low end of the scale at this stage but as it sits on 300g of finely grated ginger for the next week or 2 and as the sweetness is fermented I expect it should be about right (for my tastes anyway) . I will report back with a taste test when the time comes.

Conscious of MartinOC's advice I changed the grain bill slightly but as I said before I am very low on ingredients and are using up the dregs hence the odd measurements:

Ginger Beer
Original Gravity (OG): 1.038 (°P): 9.5
Final Gravity (FG): 1.007 (°P): 1.8
Alcohol (ABV): 4.01 %
Colour (SRM): 5.6 (EBC): 11.0
Bitterness (IBU): 0.0 (Average)
50.04% Wheat Malt
28.76% Carahell
17.26% Honey
3.94% Pale Ale Malt
0.1 g/L Ginger Root @ 30 Minutes (Boil)
14.3 g/L Ginger Root @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
9.5 g/L Lemon @ 15 Minutes (Boil)
Single step Infusion at 70°C for 45 Minutes. Boil for 30 Minutes
Fermented at 20°C with US05
Recipe Generated with BrewMate
Hi xa_jg66

Just wondering if you have had a chance to taste your GB yet.

I did one a few months back, base was a pale ale parti-gyle so has a lightly hopped aroma but with very little beer taste thanks to the chilli,brown sugar,ginger,cinnamon and lemon.

Trying to find the time to throw down a Ginger Beer as well, might try one off Beersmith. Undecided wether to use lemon or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    209 KB · Views: 12
Back