Ag Brew Frame

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Like everyone else it seems :rolleyes: Im putting together an AG rig, and Im currently speccing up a frame. Ive decided to go single tier, and will be using 3 98L Robinox pots (500mm diameter). The MLT and HLT will be elec temp controlled and the kettle fired by a NASA.

So, 2 quick questions for those using flat bottomed vessels and a NASA:
1. What sort of separation distance between the pots are you finding you need so that thermal radiation isnt having a significant effect? (I was planning on around 200-300mm)
2. What distance have you found you need between the bottom of the pot and the NASA so as not to have flame licking out from underneath the pot?

Cheers,
Ant

G'day Ant.
Sounds like a nice, life-long setup you're putting together. Would be nice to see some pics up the track. :)

Got my NASA sitting around 100mm from the bottom of my pot (80 litre aluminium). This seems to be a perfect distance and gives me no problems whatsoever. :beerbang:

Edit: Diameter of my pot is around 500mm and I've never seen a flame slip under yet. It all seems to hit where it's supposed to.

Warren -

Here's the much-vaunted pic. Flame is running about 2/3rds stick. :rolleyes:

Warren -

DSC00573.jpg

Thanks Warren - just what I was after. I was planning to make the height of the NASA adjustable (within an ~70-150mm range), but wanted a sense check. I thought I recalled some posts a while back saying that using a NASA with a keg was OK wrt flame, but with a flat bottomed pot there were some issues with flame licking out - not really waht I'm after if I can design it out (and yes, I searched, but couldn't find the posts I was after :p ).

Latest posts

Back