After A Hydromerer Tube In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewkid

Reaction score
has anyone got a plastic tube with caps laying around [the ones a hydrometer comes in] i need one to keep my hydrometer in as mine fell off the bench and got trodden on when i stepped back to pick it up

i used to have a few of them around [ive broken a few hydrometers over the years] but ended up throwing them when i moved

so if anyone has one i could pick sometime during the week when im out and about in sydney metro
im mostly between campbelltown - sydney CBD up im happy to give a few dollars for it as i dont have any beer ready to drink

cheers: HBK

edit: yeah yeah i know im a dickhead i broke the bloody tube not the hydrometer at least its not another $14 down the plughole.

Couldn't you just use a bit of electrical conduit with some tape over the end?

I have a bunch of hydrometer tubes. They're cardboard with cotton wool at each capped end, from higher end hydros

The best sample tubes are 250ml glass measuring cylinders from lab supply places.

Anyway pickup from parramatta

The best sample tubes are 250ml glass measuring cylinders from lab supply places.
:icon_offtopic:
FWIW, I prefer the 100ml graduated measuring cylinder, fits so well that it seems the thing was just made for hydrometer measurement. Pyrex/ borosilicate/ lab glassware accepts boiling wort and can then immediately be chilled either in a water bath or under a running tap, so good for progress SG data during the boil.

has anyone got a plastic tube with caps laying around [the ones a hydrometer comes in] i need one to keep my hydrometer in as mine fell off the bench and got trodden on when i stepped back to pick it up

i used to have a few of them around [ive broken a few hydrometers over the years] but ended up throwing them when i moved

so if anyone has one i could pick sometime during the week when im out and about in sydney metro
im mostly between campbelltown - sydney CBD up im happy to give a few dollars for it as i dont have any beer ready to drink

cheers: HBK

edit: yeah yeah i know im a dickhead i broke the bloody tube not the hydrometer at least its not another $14 down the plughole.
I'll check tonight. If I have a spare I'll bring it in on wednesday for free.
I'm in at town hall. PM me so I don't forget.
Pete

:icon_offtopic:
FWIW, I prefer the 100ml graduated measuring cylinder, fits so well that it seems the thing was just made for hydrometer measurement. Pyrex/ borosilicate/ lab glassware accepts boiling wort and can then immediately be chilled either in a water bath or under a running tap, so good for progress SG data during the boil.

I've got one, anyone want to buy it off me? :)

The problem is its too short for my hydro, and the nice thing with the 250ml one is the extra width means the hydro almost can't get stuck on the edges, even if your surface isnt level.

Ps: serious about the 100ml cylinder

Latest posts

Back