Advice sought

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imabeerpig. Have a look at Mad Millies cider yeast (it's really a white wine yeast) or CL-23. Both of these are rated as down to 8'c.

pirate pete. Have a look at my post in small batch cider brewing.

Thanks for all the advice gents. This forum is very helpful. After reading, I decided to drink it uncarbonated and it was very nice. Very strong though. As an experience wine drinker I would say around 12%. I also tried it with a bit of soda water but that made the taste a bit too weak.

Seems that cider is a bit harder to make than beer. I will not give up though and will try again next week.
Thanks again

Peter

On the contrary... a basic cider is much easier to make than beer. Really good cider though... that is a challenge.

Nothing wrong with an uncarbonated apple wine. Try aging for a few months with some oak dominos (or chips). Lovely.

Pirate Pete said:
Thanks for all the advice gents. This forum is very helpful. After reading, I decided to drink it uncarbonated and it was very nice. Very strong though. As an experience wine drinker I would say around 12%. I also tried it with a bit of soda water but that made the taste a bit too weak.

Seems that cider is a bit harder to make than beer. I will not give up though and will try again next week.
Thanks again

Peter
what were the gravities and where did the juice come from ?

Back