Advice Re. Purchasing A Keg Systems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Reaction score
Ive got a mate who wants to jump head-long into brewing by purchasing a complete kegging system. While looking on the net he stumbled across kegsonline http://www.kegsonline.com.au/category7_1.htm

I said Id help him out and just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with a kegsonline system or maybe had other options for a similar system.

In true homebrew style my system has been cobbled together over a few years so I really have no experience buying a complete system.

Cheers
Fish

try talking to ross at craft brewer mate it may not be in a pack but you will have more choice over what you want. he really looked after me when ever ive needed anything

+1 to barls comment

Ross will give you the options for what you want to achieve in your final set-up,

Give Ross a call, he helped me last year with my setup, and i was able to customise to my own needs.

got my kegs, line, reg and gun setup from kegsonline.. bit of an impulse purchase tbh :)
i do like to deal with ross tho, fast and efficient!

kegsonline is good,I tried a new 1yr lease today,with an old bottle.

The dude didn't want to do the paper work,said it was between me and airliquide.

Swapped my bottle,for the cash price:)

Not a kegsonline deal but co2 swap + go :)

got my kegs, line, reg and gun setup from kegsonline.. bit of an impulse purchase tbh :)
i do like to deal with ross tho, fast and efficient!

Pretty much my experience exactly. I can't complain about kegsonline, I got my gear quickly and the price was reasonable. The only downside is contact - you have to use a web query through their site and wait for them to get back to you.

Given that you can call Ross and get great advice and help whenever you need it (just about!) and his prices are pretty much as cheap or cheaper AND he supports AHB I'd go with him if I were you.
Kegsonline is good for "package" systems but when you have a friend who knows what to get and how to set you up (ie you ;) ) Ross wins hands down.

kegsonline is good,I tried a new 1yr lease today,with an old bottle.

The dude didn't want to do the paper work,said it was between me and airliquide.

Swapped my bottle,for the cash price:)

Not a kegsonline deal but co2 swap + go :)

You've lost me... Are you talking about Kegsonline or Mykegonlegs?
You can't "talk" to Kegsonline for a start, and they dont do anything to do with gas AFAIK.

I got my initial keg setup from kegsonline, no problems at all. Fast delivery, good gear, good price, reasonable postage costs.

Kegs were delivered with new seals but not washed out, which was contrary to how they advertise them, but I wasnt fussed, all things considered. $340 landed for two kegs, all lines and fittings, beer gun and the micromatic regulator's not bad really.

I think in hindsight I'd probably go with four kegs from craftbrewer and scrounge the rest these days, but there's nothing wrong with kegsonline

EDIT - And it's not like I'm not going to get another four or eight or so kegs in the next year anyways :p

Back