Advice for a rookie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axematt

Reaction score
Gday all.

My Pilsner brew is looking like it has finished fermenting (1.015 for the last 48 hrs) but I am heading interstate for 4 days and I was wondering what temp I should keep it at until I get back. It's currently at 20 degrees (ramp up temp). I was thinking just ambient as I don't want to temp crash it if I'm not around to rescue any issues.

Cheers

Leave it as it is. Then again,
If it has definitely been at a steady 1.015 for the last couple of days, drop the temp down to 0 and enjoy the clearer beery goodness in a couple of weeks!

Cheers mate, but as I said I don't want to drop it down to zero straight away and have all the Starsan sucked into my brew from the blow off jar and I wont be around to drop it incrementally.

I pull the airlock out and cover the hole with duct tape when i cold crash, never had an issue.
Failing that, find the longest piece of blowoff tube you can and run that, it'll only pull the starsan so far before equalizing

Back