Quantcast

Ads, Merchandise And Ahb Support

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
As you have probabaly noticed I have signed up to Googles Adsense.

The ever growing popularity of the site, along with such features as the photo gallery is starting to take up quite a bit of resourses.

To try and cover any outgoing costs I have for the site, I have decided to put, what I feel are some unobtrusive ads on the site...right down the bottom.

Please try and spport the site and click through to anything that might intrest you.

I am getting the logo organised for emroidery and will hopefully be offering both polo's and t-shirts in the near future. I think the merchandise will be the best method to support the site.

I am also looking at the idea of local sponsership - specific brew shops giving AHB members deals on products. So that will be another avenue.

Quite awhile ago I put a fair amount of work into a new front page, but I'm just not to sure how well this will function - I think an updated beer db and some specific content is required. I'm sure I will get there one day.

Anyway, help support AHB and click on any of the ads that intrest you, but more importanty, show your a proud member and buy some murchandise when it is for sale in the very near future. :D

deebee

The Bludgeon Brewery
Reaction score
Top work Dane.

Looking forward to the merchandise.

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Thought of paypal? I'm sure i'd throw a few dollars towards supporting the site - it's such a great resource it's saved me $$$ already by making me an informed buyer.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Very keen for the mercandise :p The google adds are at least mostly relevant also!

dane

Reaction score
jgriffin said:
Thought of paypal? I'm sure i'd throw a few dollars towards supporting the site - it's such a great resource it's saved me $$$ already by making me an informed buyer.
Yeah i actually thought of that on the way into work this morning. I'm not normally one to ask people to make donations, I'd prefer to see costs covered through minimal ads, sponsership and the merchandise.

In saying that I'm ovbiously not going to know back anyones donations! :p

I know I have a paypal account somewhere so I might look into that, atleast it will give people an option to throw in a couple of bucks to keep things running.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
There is alway an annual supscription

Perhaps only the members have access to certian parts of the site , or only they can post on the forum?

Perferably the merchandise will cover your operating costs

Batz

Snow

Beer me up, Scotty!
Reaction score
Dane, you have done a fantastic job with this site and I for one have gained a lot from it. I'll be looking to support you anyway I can and will definitely be getting some merchandise. Thanks for all your efforts!

Cheers - Snow.

dane

Reaction score
Batz said:
There is alway an annual supscription

Perhaps only the members have access to certian parts of the site , or only they can post on the forum?

Perferably the merchandise will cover your operating costs

Batz
I'd prefer to stear clear from this...I want all the info/content to be available to everyone.

I think between advertising, sponsership and merchandise I should be able to cover any ongoing costs.

I think everyone is pretty keen to get some merchandise so I will focus on that and monitor the ad situation.

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Could create some kind of icon that appears next to people names for 12mnths after they make a donation if you go the paypal route :p

Paid subscription could reduce the audience as not everyone would want to pay ... it would probably work against advertising as well. I have no problem with the ads.

Beer DB .... fark I have to get off my ass and finish that bastard. You can add recipes and almost batches ... next is reviews ... are they really worth it?

Keep us posted Dane.

dane

Reaction score
JasonY said:
Could create some kind of icon that appears next to people names for 12mnths after they make a donation if you go the paypal route :p

Paid subscription could reduce the audience as not everyone would want to pay ... it would probably work against advertising as well. I have no problem with the ads.

Beer DB .... fark I have to get off my ass and finish that bastard. You can add recipes and almost batches ... next is reviews ... are they really worth it?

Keep us posted Dane.
I don't think reviews are that important....well they are important but I think the forums should/could handle that rather than the beer DB.

For instance..ypeople can add recipes, ingredients, batches etc and then when a recipe is added a post it automatically made (through ipbsdk/ssi) and then any discussion for that recipe is done through the forums.

I'm sure there are mods (or even part of IPB ver 2 which I will be upgrading too) have the option to rate threads so that could be considered at a reviewrating system.

I think we can try and focus on the beer DB beeing just that and then having discussion and feedback through intergration with the forums.

That as well as template/smarty setup....or whatever we need to revamp the look of cause it's pretty ugly and not very userfriendly atm.

What do u think?

On the subscription side of things I can never imagine moving to that....it's not the reason why i setup the site. I'm happy to give people a link and an option for donations (every little bit helps) but it isn't something that is going to be required or 'pushed'.

Jase

Reaction score
dane said:
I am getting the logo organised for emroidery and will hopefully be offering both polo's and t-shirts in the near future. I think the merchandise will be the best method to support the site.
Dane,

Any idea on prices for merchandise?

Jase

dane

Reaction score
Should have them next week. Once I get a sample in I will post it and start taking orders.

pint of lager

brewing on the verandah
Reaction score
Looking forward to the merchandise.

Are you after ideas for the tshirt?

Am sure the forum members can come up with some witty ideas.

dane

Reaction score
There has been quite a few discussions previously on the forums. At this stage it will be TShirts and Polos with AHb logo's. I might look at a larger range (ie. catchy one liners etc, once I have the first lot sorted).

I have added a Paypal donation link at the bottom of the page for those who have paypal and want to support that way!!

Thanks again for the support guys!

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
Good thinking on the google text ads, they're the most sensible version of online advertising I've seen.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Love the google ads. They're not annoying, but they provide some needed income to keep things running. They're 1000 times better than any form of popup.

I know I'll be supporting the site through clothing, and glasses, dont forget the glasses!

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
OK....

Dane ...made a contribution via PayPAL just now...

No idea how much to make - why in USD - donation of 15.00USD approx 25.00 AUS - is this OK...

or is GMKenterprises being too cheap....

dane

Reaction score
Yeah they are brilliant...makes sense (hence the name I guess).

dane

Reaction score
GMK said:
OK....

Dane ...made a contribution via PayPAL just now...

No idea how much to make - why in USD - donation of 15.00USD approx 25.00 AUS - is this OK...

or is GMKenterprises being too cheap....
GMK, unfortunately I can't select to pay in AU dollars. Paypall hasn't setup here so it isn't an option.

At time of writing exchange rate is : 1 AUD = 0.697003 USD

So US$15 is 21.5207 AUD.

GMKenterprises is being very supportive!! No one can be cheap when donating!

Every little bit helps. I actually never intended this site to grow as much as it has, but I have been amazed by the support, so thank you!!

Personally I think it is probably the best brewing resource in Australia for home brewing. I have a couple of things in the pipeline that will hopefully make it better!!

Thank again guys for supporting the AHB site.

I can't wait for the day that I'm walking along the street and see an AHB t-shirt....freaky stuff!!

dane

Reaction score
barfridge said:
Love the google ads. They're not annoying, but they provide some needed income to keep things running. They're 1000 times better than any form of popup.

I know I'll be supporting the site through clothing, and glasses, dont forget the glasses!
Pop-ups can go to hell!!

I will never stoop that low.

To be honest I've actually found some of the ads quite interesting...hahah..

There is still a spot below the online user list at the top that is reservec for the merchandise advertising and maybe some local sponsership in the logo header. Whatever it is it won't be intrusive!

I've here to support you guys not annoy you! :p If I can do that and help pay for the site costs I'm a very happy man!!

Yeah glasses will get there, clothing first, but you will be drinking out of a AHB glass one day soon!

Latest posts