• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

ADL Swap / Sell modified ferment fridge.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcarter

Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a Chronical fermenter that has sat in the office without beer in it. My ferment fridge although supremely awesome at fermenting 60L of beer is too small.

I would like to swap for a upright all fridge / Freezer or possibly sell to use the cash to obtain one.

This "ferment chamber of awesome" was a samsung freezer / fridge until I gutted out all the foam and channels between the two compartments. The foam significantly effects the cooling efficiency of the Fridge design. This now runs very efficiently and cold crashes like a boss. Additionally this modification allows less areas for mould / bacteria to hide and you can just open the freezer door to stare into your fermenter without loosing all the cool air or bending down.

It's controlled by an STC 1000 which has been wired and placed in the fridge door. This preserves the fridge seals and makes for a neat electrical run. Only one 240V cord in. It is worth noting this was installed by myself and not done by a licensed electrician. I'm pretty good but your insurance company among others may not think so.

This fridge holds a 60L fermenter and has a study Steel plate to support the weight of such a liquid mass contains.

Over all this is a fairly modern, efficient, well modified ferment chamber that I will be sad to see go. I've also owned it from new and the seals are in good condition. Pictures are below.

I can throw in the heat belt / fermenter for the right price / deal.

IMAG1225.jpg

IMAG1226.jpg

IMAG1228.jpg

IMAG1229.jpg

Fridge just finished it's last brew.

So if anyone had a slight interest nows the chance before I fill it up again.

I'm happy to go for outright sale and delivery within Adelaide metro if that fancy's you.

Back