Adjusting the gap on crankandstein 2s

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgo71

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447205799.751566.jpg

G'Day all,

For the past few hours I've been trying to remove the bearing to adjust my mill. No luck at all and nothing online despite googling madly for 2 hours. They say you can adjust it to 3 settings. Now the way it is currently, the crush is too fine for a grainfather and the sparges are taking 2 hours!
Surely someone has removed these bearings before to adjust the gap?? Definitely worth the extra $$$ now I'm thinking for the next model up for ease of adjustment.

Cheers,
Hodgo.

If you have a closer look at your unit, you will notice that the bearings are off centred and need to be turned in place to adjust the distance of that roller from the other fixed roller.
Unless there is another countersunk bolt in on the right side edge which I can't see, you will need to loosen the black bolt off a bit and then turn the bearing while it is in place.

The way mine works (3D) is that I have a wingnut on the other side and I can turn the bearings and there are indents that you can feel as you turn. By the sounds of it yours has 3 such indents
With mine, I have a hidden bolt which holds a small ball bearing behind a spring. If I tighten it, I can't move the gap and if I loosen it the spring loaded ball bearing finds a drilled indent in the bearings as it is moved around.

I've taken that black grub screw right out and there is nothing else holding the bearing in place. I know it has to be turned in order to change the gap but how the hell does one turn it! I did find another post somewhere from 6 years ago where someone suggested it had to be punched out but there was no further comments after being suggested???

Given up trying to work out how to adjust this thing. Searching the net is doing my head it!!! Can't believe there are no instructions anywhere about how the gap is adjusted.

Latest posts

Back