Adelaide Source Of Bulk Sodium Percarbonate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
Do any of you Adelaideaners know a good source for bulk sodium percarbonate?

Cheers guys.

I also just got a reply from the guy I bought the Ortho Phos from so will be able to compare pricing.

I'll give them a try. Once I get pricing I'll put an entry in the bulk buys section if it seems worthwhile.

Cheers
Boots

Try APS chemicals, i think they are at greenfields as well, they supply to the people that supply the shops. Sorry think i got my tounge twisted there some where.

cheers

Boots said:
[post="97154"][/post]​

I have to ask this - is this a brewing related purchase or for the nappies of the new brewer addition to the family? :D

Cheers
Pedro

Gulf Brewery said:
Boots said:
[post="97154"][/post]​

I have to ask this - is this a brewing related purchase or for the nappies of the new brewer addition to the family? :D

Cheers
Pedro
[post="97198"][/post]​
I'm considering looking for a bulk supplier up here, for precisely the reason of both. :)

B) A bit of both pedro :)

Of course, we're too lazy to be using cloth nappies on the bum, but with the amount of baby spew and projectile poo shooting around our place, we've been dumping a shovel load in each wash.......

of ... and i hope to do a brew one of these years :blink:

Thanks for all the options guys.

After emails to all, only Jatek has replied so far and he's can do 25Kg bags for $96. Which is just under $4 per KG.

I think that's about what you pay in the supermarket??

I'll probably go ahead and grab one anyway just for the convenience of having it all.

I don't think this pricing is really good enough for a bulk buy (?) but if anyone wants some I'm happy to split it up.

Just worked out that is a pretty good price considering that the supermarket stuff is only about 30-40% active ingredient.

So i will put a bulk buy entry in.

Boots said:
Thanks for all the options guys.

After emails to all, only Jatek has replied so far and he's can do 25Kg bags for $96. Which is just under $4 per KG.

I think that's about what you pay in the supermarket??

I'll probably go ahead and grab one anyway just for the convenience of having it all.

I don't think this pricing is really good enough for a bulk buy (?) but if anyone wants some I'm happy to split it up.
[post="97369"][/post]​

Hi Boots,

Thanks for the info on the new arrival. :)

If the sodium Percabonate is 100% then $4 a kilo is ok as the stuff in the supermarket is less than 100% pure -- I think.

I use BiLo nappy wash or whatever it is called and that is about $3 for a kilo container. As I said though the actual chemical content may differ.

Steve

Back