Adelaide messenger Jurno needs a stern talking to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She continues to delete comments,

She can't handle it.

Pathetic.

I figured you don't own a gimp suit and was going to call your bluff but then.... I decided it's too close to call.

elcarter said:

She can't handle it.

Pathetic.

I figured you don't own a gimp suit and was going to call your bluff but then.... I decided it's too close to call.
She has twitter.

Rob in the comments section seems to think you need to spend $50 to make a decent batch of HB.

I couldn't help myslef, I had to have a little rant on her facebook while I was there...
I guess maybe it was all just trollbait all along

elcarter said:

She can't handle it.

Pathetic.

I doubt it's her deleting the comments on the Messenger site, it would be a website editor's job.

And let's not get carried away calling her a journalist, by the looks of it she's a guest (possibly regular) columnist. And a slack one at that.

If you live in SA, write to the messenger's "letters to the editor" column (if they still have one), politely pointing out the factual errors, it will most likely get a run.

My view is this

don_t_argue_with_idiots_by_memeopolyse-d61crxi.jpg

Eagleburger said:
I dont give weight to what comes out of a womens mouth.
The issue here is about poor journalism, not whether you are a misogonistic retard.

manticle said:
Hands up who wants an actual image of me in a gimp suit?
Hell...why not...its not the strangest request ever seen on AHB.....actually is probably middle off the road

klangers said:
Speaking of questionable journalism (although was actually positive about HBers), I read an article in MX (for non-Sydneysiders it's a free rag which gets handed out at train stations) on the last page saying how easy all grain brewing is. So easy, in fact, that you just chuck some grain in hot water (which is apparently called the "wash") and don't even worry about sanitation.

I really worry how lax the journo standards have become. Even just 10 minutes of googling would give them a better result.
I reckon your last hit the nail on the head...lax..journo...standards become..google!
What ever happened to getting off your arse and getting 2 takes on the facts. Google is not the answer but its a good start.
As Weal posted "at 6'1" she would need a lot of attention" guessing its got it,but the wrong (correct) attention here.

Eagleburger said:
I dont give weight to what comes out of a womens mouth.
I hope you were pissed when you wrote that because it is as pathetic as the worst of her article.

I don't really understand why you need to wear an apron, grow a beard, say sessionable (its not even in the spellcheck) and be aloof while brewing.

It sounds like hard work, I just wear boardies and have some peace in the garage while making beer.

Anyhoo, the thing about media is not to entertain it and it goes away, and mostly no-one has died because you didn't respond to the inaccurate claims of whoever who said something stupid or inaccurate. Or even malicious. Mmmmm sounds like delicious (but its not nice).

manticle said:
Hands up who wants an actual image of me in a gimp suit?
Ahh an idea,YOU don the gimp suit,with AHB written on your guts and chase her down street screaming,
Bandaids ,Bandaids,I'll give you Bandaids ....
Or not...your choice .

Latest posts

Back