Adelaide International Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
Happening in the Torrens Parade Ground Sat May 1 to Sunday May 2 -

100+ international beers, $15 entry (incl beer goblet), free tastings, 20 restaurants, live bands, masterclasses on types of beer and how they get made.

Don't know if I want to go, sounds like a lot of piss to me. ;)

You stilll here then Batz?

Website still being developed and pretty raw - but here she is - supposed to have the beers on show listed in a few days.

http://worldbeerfestival.com/

Pakistani beer? Wonder what a muslim ale tastes like?

Count me and a couple of friends in on this one.....

btw Wee Stu, thats a dud link, its this forum site :blink: :chug: :D

A link! A link! My flaming kingdom for a link!

Fly out to Queensland that day ! :( :( :(

How about we get a meet up happening? I know for a fact ill be there, probably on my own as my mates are either glass and a half's or they just dont drink beer......

SO yeah... anyone interested? If we get enough interest prehaps we could start another thread....

BUGGER..
looks as tho my trip was a bit too early for the beer season.
but the car racing was fantastic, (outcome not so good).

crackers

I will hopefully beer there on the saturday - 1101am....

Sounds like a good day out and an excuse to try a few beers as well.. better let my lady no she is the designated driver that day of the festival

cheers
ozdevil

ozdevil said:
Sounds like a good day out and an excuse to try a few beers as well.. better let my lady no she is the designated driver that day of the festival

cheers
ozdevil
Perhaps you could arrange for her to do the rounds and pick up of few of us other home brewers up.... :p ;)

GMK said:
ozdevil said:

cheers
ozdevil
Perhaps you could arrange for her to do the rounds and pick up of few of us other home brewers up.... :p ;)
hey gmk sounds like i better organise a mini bus for us northerners ey ;) :D

hmmm but for some reason i can see mrs ozdevil saying no to the mini bus idea to pick up a crew of lemonade drinkers on there way to a beer festival :D

hey anyway i reckon we all should meet there and have a chat and bit of drink and bite would be good chance to meet up with everyone

but then again we all could be still recovering from the Batz australian tour from the previous weekend (monday the 26th april is that still a goer at your place gmk?)

cheers and beers
ozdevil

iam in come rain, hail or shine.
would love to catch up with other brewers that day.

cheers and seeya there jayse

I may have been the first to spruik the event, but I won't be able to make it on the first.

May 1 is also big brew day, and I've hitherto made a public commitment, on this very board, to reaching brewing puberty by making my first partial mash that day (with the help of a certain hbs guy). That's what I'll be doing May 1.

Anybody who plans on going May 2, I'd love to catch up with them. And, if the May 1 guys just happen to get locked in over night I'll catch up with them too!

Serendipity - the happy knack of being in the right place at the right time (sort off)
wee stupendipity - the unhappy knack of trying to be in two places at once. :ph34r:

I am now also looking at going on the 2nd due to the big brew day being the 1st.
its all still up in the air.
anyway i'll see what happens closer to the date.
but the 1st at somerton park sounds like a good day.

jayse

I got a flier for this from the Belgian beer cafe yesterday, and the free goblet (glass not plastic) is for the first 5000 people only.
Apparently the organisers (according to the barman) are keeping it low key advertising-wise, because they don't want it turning into another Shitzenfaced...

I'll be doing my damnedest to get there at eleven on the Saturday. Of course, since I work on Saturdays that means I'll be getting up at 4:30, but it's worth it for a free glass, dammit.

Back