Adelaide Hbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah those were the days weren't they mate? When people tried to help each other instead of attempting to undermine what everyone else was doing?

Good onya loud-mouthed newbie.

cheers

darren

Alright guys thats enough. Not much help being put into this thread now. So unless you have any USEFUL input for this thread how about you go back to drinking for the night.

Pok

I come onto this forum for 3 reasons.

1. To learn
2. To help others learn from the information I have gleaned from here and elsewhere
3. To talk about beer with like-minded people.

One regular poster on here seems to be interested in none of those things and constantly tries to undermine his fellow brewers and the retailers who supply them with product. I get annoyed at that.

My comments are probably completely unnecessary and out of place in this thread but sometimes I get shitty at it, especially when it flies in the face of the attitudes of most other brewers and posters. Apologies to other posters in this thread.

Welcome to Adelaide Pok,

Really only your third all-grain?

cheers

Darren

... I get annoyed at that.

and that's all some people hope to achieve on forums. at the risk of sounding like a cliche' school teacher dealing with a bunch of 5YOs - just ignore him.

I would recommend getting it sent to you. IIRC its only $6 postage, and if you order early enough you can get same day postage (i.e. same day delivery for adelaide residents). Saves me the 50-60 min round trip out there, even though I enjoy the drive and the shop.

Cheers
Phil
Not only is it convenient to get it delivered it will save money.
I haven't been to BB and walked out with only what I went there for.

I come onto this forum for 3 reasons.

1. To learn
2. To help others learn from the information I have gleaned from here and elsewhere
3. To talk about beer with like-minded people.

One regular poster on here seems to be interested in none of those things and constantly tries to undermine his fellow brewers and the retailers who supply them with product. I get annoyed at that.

My comments are probably completely unnecessary and out of place in this thread but sometimes I get shitty at it, especially when it flies in the face of the attitudes of most other brewers and posters. Apologies to other posters in this thread.

Concentrate on the cinq cents.It needs your lovin,waste of space,is waste of time

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

Take a bow Himzo, i managed to snort beer through my nose reading that!

Love the Python.

Aaaah Grumpies Forum....... what a pleasant stroll down memory lane.
{ :lol: for most}

stagga.
[/quote]

Oh yes, some of those nights were action packed. I wonder what happened to Ray.

Cheers BDB

I was wondering also about their hop prices. They / most seem very well priced. But how old is their stock, I did notice some of their hops have a special price on them which could indicate that they are of the older variety.

BYB
Hiya BYB,
yes, we are still about - but we are not big promoters of our business because of the necessity of being part-time.
The hop prices are correct, you can see most of the prices have gone up to reflect that those varieties are current crop.
You are correct, some of the hops are discounted because they are a few years old - but they are still very good and always stored properly. Phil and I still brew with them (we don't want them to go to waste!) and we are surprised how good they still are.

Anyway, drop us an email if you like to discuss anything, we don't hang around this forum too much.

Keep Brewing,

Brad

Back