Adelaide Forum Get Together

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
ok a date is now set and everyone is invited as long as you bring beer.
Comercial beer is alright if its not mega swill though.
The date is the 13th of june which is the sunday of the longweekend. The day after the goliath brew day and the day before the grumpy yeast guru show.
So it will be a big weekend for adelaide brewers or any interstate brewers willing to get in the car and come over.
So come and met the harley riding brewer from the top end and get charged up while we brew some beer.
It will be a all day affair and anyone who wants to roll out a swag or whatever please feel free too stay.
Maybe do a BBQ lunch and pizza for tea or something like that for anyone who's up for going all day.
address is 7 alderney ave clearview.

I'll be doing a all grain brew but would like anyone who wants to bring there gear along and brew as well.
So far i think i have talked wedge into brewing also. GMK and anyone else if you want to bring your stuff please do, we will all have a brew off.

Hope to see you all here.
cheers Jayse

Have a great weekend with the Adelaide guys Big D.
I have unavoidable family commitments that long weekend - so make sure you get lots of photos to post.
Easy on me guys, not like me to miss a pissup (or 3 :( ).
Catch up with you the week before or after, Big D.

cool, see your HERMS in action then? I will be in that like a shot!

Will make a couple pizzas to bring along

Jovial Monk

my pump is currently out of action JM but will hopefully have it repaired by then.
hmm maybe i should go fix it now.

Stu will charge our glasses at noon for you.

Jayse

Will the new brew stand be ready by then Jayse?

I can feel a weekend of brew well and trully in the making.

Looking forward to it.

Steve.

I wish I could be there Jayse

Have a great time guys , have a beer or three for me

Going to do it again GMK? ;) sounded like a comp. day almost too me

Excellent Jayse.
As I'm being dragged away on a wine tasting on the 12th I will not be able to make Goliaths' Big Brew Tasting.

I'll look forward to the 13th instead.

It's unlikely I'll be brewing on that day at this stage but we'll see closer to the time.

My "admission" is CC'ing as we speak.

C&B
Steve

Jayse

ya can count me in to spend a day drinking a few brews... but i dont think i will brew on the day thou...

now i am looking forward to both days

cheers and beers
ozdevil

chiller, the stand will hopefully be ready as i know you won't go within cooee of my HLT as is sitting(just) on top of a make shift contraption ready to fail and kill someone.
eitherway i'll make it idiot/drunk proof for the day.

Batz will also charge a glass for you. GMK don't be but of by my 'brew off' statement as there is still sometime before this get together. iam just going over some possible ideas for the day.

steveSA and OZ will see you then.
so far i'll have on tap that day, the mash paddle, brown porter, dry stout , cream ale, yakima chief demon ale and a skunk fart half english half U.S pale ale.

There's still a few brewers yet to reply but i/we hope to get everyone along on this day.

Cheers Jayse

Hi Jayse,

It's a bit early to guarantee, but I'll rock up for at least a couple of hours / beers :chug:

Cheers mate

guys
hate to be the bearer of bad news but the sister has planned a family get together on this day.found out this morning after night shift.it looks like a lunch time affair so im still hoping to sneak out in the arvo to have a few beers with you guys.will still be going to goliaths and the grumpys yeast meet.

cheers
dave

I know how you feel big d :(

Family got in the way of my beer tour as well :angry:

Hmm family. :eek:
Anyway as it is early days yet a change of date could be possible.
For instance the monday before we all head out to grumpies or anyday during the week, but that may not fit well with most others we will have to wait and see.
Still if your able to get out after your family show bigd that might still make the sunday the best day as we can go as late into the evening as we like. :chug:

Cheers Jayse

Big D, Jayse and the boys,
I just have noticed that Grumpy Thomas has changed the Wyeast meeting fom Monday to Sunday 13th.
So Monday might be good at Jayse's place and that would let Big D off the hook with the rellies on Sunday.
Its not my call so i'll leave it to you guys to work it out.
Cheers

Here's another date to add to your Big D diary.

Wednesday 16 June, from 4:30pm at the Belgian Beer Cafe in the East end of the city.

Meet Big D and his dad, and sip on a few well crafted Belgian ales and lagers. Won't be a cheap night out, but promises to be a good one

This is where it is Belgian Beer Cafe - where it is

Let us know if you can make it - PM me or Big D, or tell the world on ahb!

like dicko posted the yeast guru day has been brought forward and now posses a small prob for the sunday. :eek:
So maybe if we can get a show of hands for everyone up for making the forum get together on the monday.
Still we have a couple weeks to sort details so everyone let me know what they want to do.
But it looks like monday might be a better day for it. :chug:
We can start early in the day so all those having to work the next day have plenty of time doing brew stuff or just drinking then get home reasonbly early. B)

We will have a 'randall the enamal animal' and many, many beers to try. :chug:

Anyway will work it all out this week but if a change of date is in order then i think it may be for the best to insure we can make the best day out of it we can.

Cheers Jayse

well the Monday is cool with me jayse on the brew day just dont let me near anything that is hot :D

Wee stu glad to see you going to be shouting the bar at the Belgian bar cafe ;) only kidding mate hopefully will be able toattend that one as well

cheers and beers
ozdevil

ozdevil said:
Wee stu glad to see you going to be shouting the bar at the Belgian bar cafe
hadn't planned on it being that short a session!

You guys should start using the calender and post the events on there...

I think the monday is much better....

should be there - but dont think i will be brewing - my turn to drink, advise, drink, stir the boiler, drink, and most important of all....

Show Jayse how to add hops in Handfulls :lol:

Advise

Drink

Stir the boiler

Advise

Drink

Add hops by the handful

Does'nt sound any different to me Ken

:D :D

Back